Four: Pseudo Safety

Akiyasu

Throwing myself onto the bed, I let out a low, long groan. The mattress dipped as Shota took a seat beside me.

"Everything okay?" His deep voice carried down to me.

"No."

"Are you okay?"

Giving a sigh, I shifted my head on top of my arms and looked up at him with one eye. "Physically, yeah."

"What happened? Why were you late?"

"Ran into Dabi. He was tailing my brother."

Shota visibly stiffened, earning my full attention. "What did he do?"

Finally, I sat up and swiveled my body around so I was sitting like he was. "Wanted to talk about Echiko."

The emotion that flickered behind his eyes was unmistakable. A mixture of irritation and anger. "Did he hurt you?"

I made a guilty face while averting my gaze to the hem of the shirt I had changed into. "Actually, no, I kinda hurt him."

He looked neither pleased nor disappointed with this. "What's that face for?"

"I lost it, Shota. I mean, I attacked him and continued to attack him when he was down. And he kept saying he only wanted to talk but I was violent with him anyway."

"I'm only disappointed with that because I know you could have gotten hurt. Why do you instigate things when you could avoid it?"

"Because I didn't want to talk about our daughter with our enemy. I wanted him to know I'm not messing around. I want him to know that I will kill him before anyone touches my daughters."

The ghost of a smile flickered at the corner of his lips. "Eri too?"

"Of course Eri too." I blurted out in a tone that let him know I thought his question was ridiculous. "We didn't go through all that trouble to let anything happen. Nothing will ever happen to them. I will die before I let it happen."

"Anyone of us would. Even Midoriya would risk his life for these girls. Relax, okay? What did you tell him exactly? Should we be worried?" Shota reassured and interrogated me simultaneously.

"I insisted Echiko was quirkless. He refused to believe me. He thinks she has to have a quirk and if she doesn't have mine, she must have yours. That's when I started throwing hands."

"Throwing hands?"

I waved dismissively. "The students use it all the time. It means to fight."

He nodded but still looked confused. "Continue."

"He said something about how Shigaraki is really focused on us right now. He wants to know if she has your erasing quirk and if she does, he said she's as valuable as Eri. We had a brief fight before that freaky bitch appeared out of nowhere."

"Toga?"

I nodded. "She knocked me down pretty good but I-" I hesitated, unsure of how to phrase it. "I, uh, cracked her head open." I said almost sheepishly.

Shota pinched the bridge of his nose. "Akiyasu..." he shook his head. "You're going to get yourself killed."

"Id argue that they're the ones almost getting killed."

"Shigaraki would want your head on a stick if you killed those two."

"And? Shigaraki doesn't scare me."

"Toga does, though."

When he was met with my look of confusion, he clarified. "You talk in your sleep."