⤷ 27| THE ONLY ONE HE EVER FEARED

chapter twenty-seven : the only one he ever feared

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper's heart stopped as she watched Sirius fall.

"Immobulus!" a voice yelled, freezing Sirius in midair.

Juniper turned around in Charlie's arms and saw that it had been Aiden who had stopped Sirius from falling. Pulling out of his arms, June scrambled to Sirius and fell down next to him.

"Sirius?"

"Is he all right?" Aiden's voice came, as he kneeled down on the opposite side.

June grabbed his wrist and checked his polse. "Yes, I can feel his heartbeat."

"Thank Merlin," Aiden sighed, leaning forward and placing a kiss on Sirius' forehead. June raised an eyebrow at this and Aiden soon noticed his action.

"I — er — we —"

"Are a couple?" June finished, smiling. "That's great!"

Aiden smiled in relief. "Merlin, I'm happy you're reacting so good about it," he said. "Sirius and I were worried about your and Harry's reaction . . ."

Juniper leaned forwards and engulfed him in a hug. "Welcome to the family."

"June!" Charlie said, kneeling down next to her and brushing a straw of black hair out of her face. "Are you all right? Oh Merlin, you're covered in blood. You're obviously not fi—"

Juniper broke him off by kissing him. "I'm fine," she assured him, smiling. "How's Harry?"

"Harry's —" Charlie began, turning around to look for him but stopping mid-sentence when he didn't saw him. "Where is he?"

Juniper looked around, too. Dumbledore had most of the remaining Death Eaters grouped in the middle of the room, seemingly immobilized by invisible ropes; Mad-Eye Moody had crawled across the room to where Nymphadora lay, and was attempting to revive her. This caused June's heart to skip a beat. Had Nymohadora been lying when she told her she was fine?

Suddenly, a feeling of irritation and fury came over June as she noticed how many people had been wounded. Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Luna, Mabel, Neville, Nymphadora, Moody, Sirius, . . .

And June was pissed to say the least.

Her hazel eyes darted through the room and she saw Harry disappear into the Brain Room, following Bellatrix.

Without thinking, she scrambled up, ducked to avoid Charlie's hand and sprinted after her cousin. She leapt over Luna, who was groaning on the floor, past Ginny, who said, "June — what —?", past Ron, who giggled feebly, and Hermione, who was still unconscious.

"Harry!"

"SHE KILLED SIRIUS!" Harry bellowed, diving inot the circular room. "I WILL KILL HER!"