Chapter 12

"Uhhh... I think, I should run." I said, sheepishly, before trying to escape.

I was caught before I could even reach the door.

"Ugh. Leave me alone." I grumbled.

"No." Damon said.

"Nathan! Max! Stop eating popcorn and help me." I yelled.

"No. This is too precious." They said, as they continued eating.

I think I know the answer to the out of syllabus question.

Max got his phone out and put it before me, a smirk on his face.

"I don't get to see my baby's handsome face that often."

"Aww.. My baby must be missing me."

Two recordings.

Both resulting in a lifelong embarrassment.

That pighead is going to rub it in my face forever.

"Give that to me." I said, launching at Max, jerking Damon's hand away from me.

Max stood up and ran.

"I already sent it." He said, laughing.

"Then keep running for your life." I gritted.

I'm dead, if that pighead hears it.

After climbing up the stairs, I got hold of the back of his shirt and pulled him, making him fall down. I snatched the phone from him and looked at the messages.

"Yo Zack, you gotta hear what Evvie is saying about you?" I read the message Max sent aloud andd looked at Max ridiculously.

"Are you here to send him live reports on what happened?" I asked, glaring at him.

"No? Well yeah, kinda. Its fun. I got his embarrassing pictures as well." He winked.

"Ugh. I can't even call him here now." I muttered, frustratedly.

I want to meet him, but I can't see the annoying smirk on his face.

I might break his lips.

"Don't worry. He's already coming." Max said, smirking.

"What? Why?" I asked, my eyes wide.

"Because you got into a fight today. So he's worried." He shrugged, still sitting on the floor.

"And I get into loads of fights. He never got worried before." I rolled my eyes.

"You don't know?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"What?" I asked, but he continued.

"Correction. He always got worried, overworried, I'd say, if that is even a word. The difference is that he was with us, when we fought in school. Did you notice he was always here, when something happened? Even though you two fought once but he was here." He said.

"Yeah. When Arthur returned." I said, now realizing.

"Well, Grandpa asked him to be there, on every point." He said, while I am taken aback. "He wants a responsible person for you. So he wants Zack to start taking some responsibility and start taking care of you, so he doesn't have to worry about you, when you get married."

"What the duck?" I said, as he nodded.

"But how do you know, you didn't even know about the arrangement?" I said.

"Zack told me." He shrugged. "Now, are you going to let me up or am I still going to sit on the floor, awaiting your punch?" He asked.

That's when I realized. He wasn't sitting on the floor, I was pinning him, my fist raised.