Chapter 52

Ugh. Fine. Don't scare me.
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Here's the update.

----------

"Hey." Axel said, when we entered. I hid behind my brothers, while Axel got scolded a little. Guess, he really didn't meet them until now.

"You're grounded." I heard a deep male voice say. "You hide something so big again and see how I throw you away."

"Not something. Someone." A female voice corrected.

"Then it won't be someone so big. She's a little baby." Peter had the audacity to joke.

He's getting a glare from me, considering he's a little too sweet and too sensitive to hurt physically. A glare would suffice.

I peaked from Marco's side, to look at what was happening.

Okay, Evvie. Gather up your confidence. These are just older cousins. You've done this before.

Elonzo shook hands with a tall guy, a little less taller than Elonzo but still tall enough for me to feel like a kid. He held eye contact with Elonzo, his eyes a mixture of amber and silver, looking right into his green ones, not slight intimidated. I'm always surprised when someone manages to hold eye contact with that terrifying man.

Elonzo has competition.

Are all businessmen ice cubes?

They exchanged greetings while my other brothers moved forward to greet the leader of the other team too. The leader of our team, Elonzo, greeted the two ladies in the other team, with a little smile on his face.

I just stood there, watching the two teams exchange greetings.

Why the truck am I feeling so nervous?

Nathan was especially treated special by them, since he's the youngest brother now. The sisters were set on pampering him already, much to his dismay.

The youngest sibling, meanwhile, stood outside, waiting for the chaos and her nerves to calm down.

The oldest sibling, probably noticed this, because Elonzo walked out of the room again and smiled when his eyes landed on me. He bent to my level.

"Come on, baby. Don't be nervous." He said, looking at me adoringly.

I nodded and slipped my hand in his, walking in.

The already silent room seemed to be silenced more. I held my breath and looked at our entwined hands, fiddling with the rings on Elonzo's fingers.

"Hey." I heard someone say. I looked up into the amber-silver eyes.

I held back a gasp.

Okay. My sister is hot as truck. My brother-in-law better look good with her. And she looks kind, so he better treat her well.

"I'm Emma." She smiled, extending her hand. I shook hands with her.

"Evelina." I said, smiling at her. She has this powerful aura around her.