Chapter 23

"What?" I asked, crossing my arms and glaring at Ben.

"Lets destroy school property." He said. Before I could deny, he said, "And its a part of your job."

"What job? I think I should resign." I scoffed.

"You can't. Or the kids will be killed. Not harmed, killed." He said, before motioning me to follow him.

I rolled my eyes and followed him. He held the door to the lab open for me. I walked in but he didn't.

I hesitated for too long.
"Do it." A voice sounded through the earpiece.

Enjoy till you can, you truckers.

I took a deep breath and picked up some things, before smashing them on the floor.

"Good." Anthony chuckled.

"What is happening here?" The new teacher came in.

And that's how they informed my guardian. I don't know who they called but I know I'm in huge trouble. They won't take any other actions, of course.

Ben left me on my own but smirked whenever he saw me, the whole day.

And all Anthony said was,
"There will be a lot of drama today."

"Elonzo wants to see you in his office." Will said, while I tried going upstairs, without any greetings or hugs. I can't stay around them, in case they blurt something out about the business.

"Okay." I said, sadly and walked upstairs. Throwing my stuff in the room, I walked to his office, glumly.

'No mafia calls. Please God.' I thought looking at the ceiling.

"Come in." I heard a very cold voice say, after I relaxed myself a little and knocked.

"Yeah?" I asked, taking a seat. This is scarier than the horror house. I may pass out from fear.

Act casual.

"Yeah? That's what you want to say? Why are we getting a call saying you damaged school property? Don't even think of saying you don't like the new teacher either." Elonzo said, in a no-nonsense tone.

I heard muffled laughter through the earpiece.

"So? Do you have to say something?" He asked, raising an eyebrow, while leaning back in his chair.

"Yeah. You're making a big deal out of it." Ben answered for me. "Keep arguing."

"Yeah. You're making a big deal out of it." I said, rolling my eyes.

This is a part I play well.
Keep arguing, smart mouthing, get in trouble, get yourself killed by a murderous glare.

I swear I could see the steam come out of Elonzo's ears. I gulped and looked down.

"Really? Then, enlighten me baby, how exactly is this not a big deal?" He said, crossing his arms.

"I don't need to give you a reason." I said, gritting my teeth.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that, Evelina Romano." He said, in a low tone, leaning forward, his elbows on the desk. "You're in enough trouble already."

"Can I go now?" I rolled my eyes.

Wow. I'm pretty good at acting.

"I don't think you're answering me properly anytime soon. So you can pick up your chair and go sit there." He said, snapping his fingers at the end and pointing to the corner.

I got up and sat there, digging my nails into my other arm, to stop myself from crying and sobbing.

"You know, this is so not like you. Yes, you may fight, prank and maybe even disrespect a teacher, only if they're unreasonable and taking it out on you, but you never try to actually damage school property. You could've gotten hurt today."