Chapter 36

Trigger warning: Violence ahead.
Mentions of Rape in this chapter.
-------------

"Wh-what?" I stuttered, saying that simple word seemed so difficult at the moment.

"I got assaulted. Sexually." He said, holding back tears. He was uncomfortable talking about it. Of course, he was.

"Do you want me to leave? To have some privacy?" Elonzo asked, looking at me for help.

"No. Its okay." Nathan said. "I never left my drink unattended, I saw what I was drinking and if the bartender was giving me the right drink. I don't know how they managed to drug me. I swear, I didn't consume alcohol."

He looked at us Pleadingly, begging us to believe him. I believe him.

"Its not your fault, Nathan. They could've drugged you just during a simple turn of your head." Elonzo soothed, clearly holding back. He was resisting the urge to hug Nathan to death.

The Romano family believes in hugging to try and take away the pain. Atleast for me. That's what I concluded. Every time something happens, all of them just want to hug me. It works all the time.

"Did they try to- you know?" I gulped, as tears already gathered in my eyes. I don't want to even imagine my twin going through something that bad.

Its one thing to sexually assault someone, but its another to Rape them.

He went on to explain what happened, everything he remembered from last night.

"She almost raped me." He said, as tears flowed down his cheeks. He wiped them away, quickly. "But something happened and she had to rush out for a moment, during which I ran out of that room and called the driver to take me home. The guards couldn't have realised what was happening, because of past events."

Yep. The brothers have a reputation of drinking and hooking up with girls at such parties. Still, what they did to him was nothing like hooking up. It was a rape attempt.

I exhaled frustratedly.
"Who was it?" I asked.

"An older girl." He said, as a sob escaped his mouth despite various attempts to stop. "Christina."

My hands twitched as I could feel anger rising inside me.

"Its gonna be okay, Nathan. Everything is going to be alright." I said. Nathan looked at me and started crying. This time, Elonzo was quick to wrap him in a hug.

He looked so weak and vulnerable. Both of them.

"Where was Luciano? Did you not call him?" I asked, resisting the urge to grit my teeth.

"No. He was drunk and I couldn't find any of them." Nathan mumbled, half-heartedly. "I don't even know where she took me."

"That bitch." I said, standing up. "Is fucking dead."

"Evvie." Elonzo called but I ignored him.

I will NOT let him stop me this time. I don't care what happens, but I'm going to put that bitch in her place.

She is Luca's classmate. Wow, his grade is filled with such monsters.

Barging in Luciano's room, I started shaking him violently, trying to wake him up.

"What?" He said, annoyed, shoving me back.

"Where does your classmate Christina live?" I asked, slapping him when he fell asleep again.

"Oww- what?" He asked.

"Christina. Where does she live?" I asked. He must know, I've seen her on the popular group table many times.