Chapter 57

Hey guys.
I won't be able to update regularly. My Grandma is ill. I can't leave her side at all, knowing these may be her last days with me. I'm not in the right state of mind right now. I'll update when I feel good.
--------

"It's a guy. I'm gay." He said, looking down.

Boom. That's how he dropped the bomb.

Typical surprised family. Widened eyes, jaws hanging, eyebrows raised and pin drop silence.

"I was afraid you guys won't accept it. Everyone in the mafia will think I'm weak." He muttered, not looking at anyone in the eyes.

I felt scary vibes coming from somewhere. Yep. Dad looked angry. No! Furious. He glared at Marco, who looked ready to cry. I flinched when his hand twitched.

An angry Romano is never good. If you spot one, run for your life.

I stood up abruptly when he grabbed the collar of Marco's shirt suddenly. Marco's eyes widened and fear crossed his features, as he pulled him up to stand.

I didn't even notice him standing up and reaching Marco.

"Dad, what are you doing?" I exclaimed, moving forward, but someone grabbed me and held me back.

"Don't." Elonzo muttered, looking at the scene before us.

"But why is he angry?" I panicked, while struggling to get out of his grasp.

"Don't panic." He said, simply. I looked up at him.

"I'm going to sue you, if there is even a scratch on my brother." I gritted. He looked down at me, with furrowed eyebrows.

"Do you really think Dad will hurt him?" He asked.

"You can never trust someone's anger. Especially, if they are one of the Romanos." I said, giving him a deadpanned look.

Dad glared at a guilty looking Marco, for a long time.

"Do you really think that low of me, Marco?" He asked, after a while. "Or any of us for that matter?"

"N-No." Marco gulped, looking at the floor with tearful eyes. "I was just afraid."

"Afraid of your own family not accepting you?" He asked. Marco gave a shaky nod. "I'm so disappointed. That's how much you know your family? And I thought I raised you better than that?"

"I'm not questioning your parenting, Dad." Marco mumbled, looking down, not daring to make eye contact with Dad.

I would've passed out. Dad was so angry and scary. Scarier than I've ever seen him. Even worse than Elonzo's angriest expressions I've ever seen.

"What made you so afraid of people's opinions? You're the Capo's son." Dad furrowed his eyebrows.

"I don't know." He said, looking away. His voice cracked. "I'm sorry."

He sniffed and wiped the tears with the back of his hand.

Something suddenly clicked, because Dad stepped back a little, taking deep breaths to calm down. He rubbed his eyes and kept them shut, heaving sighs of frustration and a little amount of sadness.

When he finally calmed down and opened them, Marco was sitting back on the couch, his elbows on his knees, his face hidden in his hands. The room was silent and all that could be heard were the occasional sniffles.

Dad looked at him and his eyes softened. Fair to say, he started looking more like Dad and not the Capo. He crouched down before Marco and pushed his hands down.