Chapter 76

I picked my head up from the plushie when the door slammed open.

Ugh. What now?

"You better have an explanation ready, for what you did or I'm going to break you into tiny pieces." Zack said, as he barged in, looking too angry.

Truck! Why the hell do they tell this angry gorilla everything!?

He stomped inside stopping at the foot of my bed and standing there with his arms crossed.

"I-I was sad." I admitted shamefully, looking down, fiddling with the turtle plushie.

"That's it?" He asked, clenching his jaw.

"I still am." I said, trying to calm him down, by having some pity.

No such luck with him. If he was the normal sweet boyfriend then maybe. But he's half annoying 'I love you, bruh.' and half sweet 'you're so cute' type boyfriend. So he doesn't fall for the puppy eyes when he's angry.

"Then you talk about it. We all are sad for the kids. How many times do we have to tell you? You TALK about it." He said, gritting the last part, emphasising every word. "You've been told thousands of times. But no. You have to go on and activate the dumb side of your brain."

"I just didn't feel like eating." I mumbled, fiddling with the ring on my finger now. "The kids aren't eating."

"The kids aren't eating on their own. Jay is feeding them forcefully so they don't fall ill like you did. So you want to tell me that you want to be fed like the kids, because you can't happen to eat on your own?" He asked. My head shot up as my eyes widened

That's not what I meant.

"No." I snapped.

"Yes. That's exactly what you proved by your decisions and there are more than enough people who are happy to do that. As long as you keep your 'stupid decision factory' closed."

Is he referring to my brain here?

I pouted.
"You're being mean." I whined.

"Oh? And what about the call I received that informed me that a certain girl who happens to be my girlfriend is starving herself because she's sad. In fact, you are mean for doing that to yourself." He said, making me slump down more.

His angry facade didn't fade one bit. He had his arms crossed, his eyebrow raised, a glare on his face, but still worry and sadness in his eyes.

So yeah. It was hot.

But scary enough for me to not stare at him and drool.

Not to mention the vein popping from his temple, due to the anger.
See? Pet peeve.

'Don't play with your health or put your life in danger or I will kill you.'
Add a scary voice.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, almost inside the blanket as I was slumping down.

Stupid decisions and I are best friends.

The door slammed open again, when I was completely inside the blanket.

I held back a groan when I heard his voice.

"Oh! She's asleep." Max said. "I kinda came in all angry and upset, with the lecture prepared."

"She's awake, you idiot. Stop exposing yourself." Nathan said. I could imagine him shaking his head.

"Oh." Max said. It was silent for a while.

"Evelina Romano, you try to pull a stunt like that again and see what I do." Max said, in his scary voice. I tried to hold back my laughter but couldn't, so I started laughing, while still under the blanket.