Chapter 86

Darkness.

I turned around on the spot only to be greeted by nothing. Just darkness and nothing else.

I clenched my eyes shut as pain shot though my head.

But when I opened them again, I saw light. Just a small flicker of hope.

"You shouldn't have done what you did." Someone said, making me jump.

I turned around.

"Grandpa?" I asked, already ready to cry. I moved forward to hug him.

He raised his hand in the air. I stopped, taken aback. "I've never been so dissapointed in you, princess. You keep playing with your life. If it doesn't affect you, if affects us. Badly."

"I'm sorry." I said, looking down at the floor, which was actually just darkness.

Silence.

I looked up again to find him gone. I looked around frantically.

Now I'm scared. I want my Grandpa.

I turned around and almost shrieked. Dad stood there with an angry look on his face.

"Why would you do that to me? I got you after fifteen years. Who gave you the right to take my blessing away?" He said.

"I'm sorry." I muttered, feeling too guilty.

Right. Who gave me the right? They could've probably handled it better.

"I'm sorry if I ever made you feel neglected, Evvie. But I can never even think of losing you. It'll break me. I won't live through it."

"You don't make me feel neflected." I mumbled, looking to my side, where light was appearing.

That small flicker of light was slowly increasing.

Again, Dad had vanished when I looked back again.

What kind of a weird dream is this?

The bright light engulfed me completely, painting the black around me into blinding white.

I squinted my eyes, before I heard someone calling my name.

I turned around abruptly.

"Mom!" I exclaimed, running towards her as she opened her arms. I wrapped my arms around her, sobbing loudly.

This feels so real. I don't want it to end. Her hug feels so real.

"My baby." She kissed my cheek.

I could feel it! She's here.

"How are you?" She asked, wiping my tears away, with her soft hands.

"I-I kinda killed myself..." She cut me off.

"That I saw. I mean, how are you feeling inside? About everything that has happened in the last year and half?"

"It's good." I said, as she sat me down on a bench, that appeared out of nowhere. She took a seat beside me. "They love me endlessly."

"Yet you went and killed yourself?" She asked. I nodded, guiltily.

Thankfully she changed the subject seeing my reaction.

She stared ahead, kicking her feet.
"I knew you wouldn't hold grudges for too long. Your brothers can't bear losing you. Don't ever leave them and don't let them leave you. I know they love you endlessly. I'm always up there watching you all loving each other and being happy." She said, smiling and kissing my cheek once more.