Chapter 63

"Truck this poop." I muttered, frustrated, looking down at my bed. At my dress and the suit. I still don't know what to wear.

"Are you okay, Nerdy?" Zack asked, knocking on my room door.

"Yeah." I said. He was here before he starts getting ready for the ball. "Go ahead, princess. I'll handle it."

"I'm still worried." He said. "What if you strangle yourself while wearing those out of ordinary outfits?" He joked.

"Whatever. Just go or you'll be late. The princess doesn't want a boyfriend who is not punctual." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Alright. Try to keep your anger in control." He said, before I heard him walk away.

I sighed and looked back  down contemplating, whether to wear any of these or not?

Half of me wants the girls to force me into something. That'd be much easier. Ugh.

I clenched my eyes shut.

'Have you ever seen someone and felt your breathing stop?'
'Like your heart rate sped up and you can just hear your heartbeat and nothing else?'

'I felt the same.'

Maybe the dress would be a better choice. To actually notice his reaction this time.

A smile made its way to my lips. I picked the dress up, happily and went into my closet to change.

I need to record how he reacts.

After struggling for some minutes to figure out how to get into it, I managed to get dressed.

I frowned, looking at myself in the mirror. After wearing the dress, I spent a lot of time on my hair. Since I don't know any other hairstyles, I just managed to do a half ponytail, but it looked good.

This dress hugged my body a little too much for my liking. It was beautiful but I don't think I should wear it, especially when I'm being introduced to the Mafia.

Maybe I should just stick with the suit.

I moved my hands to unzip the dress, when my phone rang, distracting me from my thoughts.

"What?" I said, smiling unknowingly.
"Are you done getting ready?" He asked. I looked in the mirror.

"No." I said, hiding the sadness in my voice. The no was followed by silence.

"Wow. You look great." He said, after a long time of not speaking anything. Judging by his voice, he was pretending to faint.

"You haven't even seen me yet." I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"But you're my Nerdy. That's why I know." He said, putting emphasis on my. "I'm waiting to be surprised."

"Yeah right. Okay." I said, smiling and feeling the heat rise to my face.

We fell silent, so I pulled the phone away to cut the call.

"I love you." He said, quickly, just as I was about to hang up.

My heart skipped a beat before racing like a mad horse.
"I love you too." I muttered, putting my hands on my face to lower the temperature a bit.

I heard him clear his throat before he hung up.

"Okay then." I looked down at the dress. It won't be too bad.

"Evvie. Are you done?" Nathan knocked on my room door.

"Yeah." I called out.

"Great. I was about to get the girls." He said, jokingly. I opened the door, a scowl on my face.