Chapter 31

Warning: Badass Mafia men breaking down and crying.
---------

Antonio Romano was sitting in his office, looking at the picture on his desk. The picture of his family. His four sons, their wives and his twenty five grandsons.

He had just talked to his eldest grandson.

"Yeah?" He had said, casually.

"We happen to have a sister, Grandpa." Elonzo muttered.

"What?" Antonio asked, thinking he'd heard wrong.

"A sister. We just found out we have a sister. You have a granddaughter." Elonzo confirmed.

Antonio almost dropped the phone.
"Are you trying to prank me, boy?" He gritted in a cold tone, almost scaring Elonzo.

"No, Grandpa. Have I ever done that before?" Elonzo said quickly, not wanting to anger the Romano with the most power. The one who had so much power in his hands, he could make anyone do anything. The one who was so scary, the leaders of Mafias around the world would tremble in his presence.

"I want to know exactly what happened. Don't leave any detail." Antonio said, authoritatively.

Elonzo proceeded to tell him everything that happened.

With each passing second, as the story continued, Antonio felt emotions gathering inside him. Emotions he's never felt in a long time. He was getting overwhelmed and almost doubted if he was strong enough to handle this.

"You can't be serious." Antonio muttered, trying hard not to let his voice crack.

"I'm serious." Elonzo muttered, being happy inside, noticing the change in the old Romano's demeanour.

Unbeknownst to both of them, the 'I'm serious' would soon convert into 'Of course, I'm not. I'm Elonzo.' after spending so much time with a certain little baby.

"How could this happen?" He said, feeling sad and happy at the same time. "Where's your Dad? Is he doing good? Should I come over?"

"Dad is doing fine. He's so happy yet sad and stressed after meeting her." He said, talking about Everly. "He isn't home."

"Okay. I'll call you later." Antonio said when he felt tears in his eyes. His voice cracked, although he tried to hide it. He hung up.

Now here he was, just sitting and staring at the family picture.

Everyone was happy. They were a happy family, loving each other to no end, always supporting each other. The boys never considered each other cousins, they referred to them as twenty five brothers.

But there was always that empty spot in the family. Something was there that limited their happiness. The family wished for a baby girl. A princess to spoil.

He turned his head to look at the other picture on his desk. His picture with his wife. Alessia Romano. She was beautiful, cute, bubbly and badass. A great combination, according to him.

"I don't know how to react to it, Sia." He said, missing her terribly. She left him too soon. He would fight with her for it when they meet again.

"I don't know what to do." He said, as her picture became blurry because of tears gathering in his eyes. "I don't know how to handle this."

It was unusual for him to break down like that. The whole family turned to him for help. For every small thing. For comfort.

Yet here he was, crying his eyes out while missing his wife and her support. He needed her badly at that time. He missed her so much.