Chapter 32

Elonzo's POV

A loud crash. Something shattering.

That's what woke me up that sunday morning.

I ran down the stairs, panicked. Reaching the living room, I was greeted by Luciano and Evvie standing on opposite sides of the room. A vase shattered near the wall. Evvie looked ready to kill, her hands twitched as she glared at Luciano.

"What happened?" I asked, rubbing my temples.

"He punched me." Evvie shouted pointing at Luciano accusingly and looking at me.

"That's because she kicked me." Luciano yelled back, pointing at her and looking at me.

"That's because you body slammed me." Evvie shouted again.

"On the couch, may I add." Luciano shouted.

"It was still a body slam." Evvie said, barely able to control her anger.

I went to stand between them, because they both looked ready to strangle each other.

"Whatever. You forced me to do it." He said. "You were annoying me."

"You were annoying me." She said back.

"Okay. Stop." I raised my voice, so they listened to me above the voices of their heated argument. "Who started it?"

"Him."
"Her."
They said together, pointing at each other.

"Kids. Its too early for this drama." I said, pinching the bridge of my nose and sighing frustratedly.

It was too early for this. I just wanted to sleep in.
One.Sunday.Morning.

"Do you think we're acting?" Luciano said, looking at me furiously.

"Are you being serious, right now?" Evvie gritted too.

Both of them must be really blinded by anger, to talk to me that way.

"Well, yes. I am being serious right now. So I'm not joking when I say, you are both going to be grounded, for being aggressive and violent towards each other, if you don't stop this right now." I said, glaring at both of them.

"And don't you even dare take that tone with me." I added, in a low tone.

Their eyes widened with fear on hearing my tone. They nodded, but glared at each other.

"It was still this trucker's fault anyway." Evvie grumbled.

"No it was this little piece of.." Luciano stopped. Good. "Poop's fault."

"What did you just call me?" She gritted, taking a step closer threateningly.

"Exactly what you heard." He said, taking a step closer himself.

"Why are you two even up this early?" I grumbled.

They froze and turned to look at me.
"We had to discuss something important." Luciano said.

I narrowed my eyes.
"Discuss what exactly?" I asked.

This just got a whole lot suspicious.

"Something important." Evvie repeated.

"Until she ruined the peaceful discussion. Violent little poop." He said.

"CAN YOU STOP TRUCKING BLAMING ME FOR THE ARGUMENT YOU STARTED?" She yelled, ready to punch him.

"NO. BECAUSE IT WAS YOUR FAULT." He yelled back.

"FINE." She said, angrily, before storming off.