Chapter 40

Evelina's POV

"Evelina Romano. Get down here right now." Elonzo yelled from downstairs.

"My head hurts." I whined, loud enough for him to hear me.

"Let's go see a doctor, then. You'll have to come down either way." He said, as I noticed his voice moving closer now.

"Will is a doctor." I said, before adding. "Almost."

I heard footsteps and ran to hide in my closet.

"Nathan is waiting." He said, using the blackmail card. "You know he needs it. You need to go for him."

Not cool, brother. Not cool.

I remained silent, not wanting him to find me. After about two seconds, I heard him sigh.

"If I have to come get you, baby, you won't ever leave this house again or have any electronics. Except for the therapy, of course."

Okay. That threat scared me. But nothing I haven't heard before.

"No boyfriend for two months." He tried again.

Now THAT unreasonable and cruel threat, made my sarcasm take charge.

"What about no ice-cream for two months?" I mocked, knowing he has me and my not-so-serious ice cream obsession as an excuse to meet his girlfriend without the brothers knowing. He's been extra careful after that incident, because our siblings smell something fishy after he lost control like that.

If someone finds a remote, please return it to me. I lost it and now I have no control over my mouth.

Within a second, I was standing before Elonzo, looking anywhere but at his cold green eyes, that were currently glaring at me.

"Uhh... I'm a little late. I gotta go." I said, sheepishly and speed walked out of there, before he could even touch my ear.

I don't want a mobile ear.

But I wasn't fast enough, I guess. Because seconds later we showed up near the front door, with him dragging me by my ear, while I whined and clawed his hand.

"Why do you have to pull so hard?" I whined, while he just clenched his jaw still angry with the whole situation.

"Because you don't seem to move fast enough on your own." He stated simply in a low tone.

"Oww.. But it hurts." I whined.

When will we reach the car?

"Then do as you're told the first time I ask you to and don't throw a tantrum or fake a headache just because you don't want to go." He gritted.

Oh! So many offences?

"You know Nathan will not go, if you don't. Also, none of us cares if we're forcing you. You don't feel well, you see a doctor. End of story. Your stubbornness is not getting in the way. A therapist is what you need and you're getting one. Call me a villain or whatever."

Yes, this man, also known as, 'I'm the boss. Don't even look at me disrespectfully and don't ever disobey me' kept lecturing the whole way.

We reached the car and when he finally released his grip, I felt something fall to the ground.

Yes. My ear fell off and now I had a mobile ear, that could be put somewhere to hear what was being said, without being physically present there.

Cool!! I can be a spy. Pew Pew. Special agent Evelina, present with her ear.