Chapter 39

Evelina's POV.

"I'm home."

That dumb little mosquito had the audacity to yell THAT after staying out for five days.

"Then go back to where you stayed for the last five days." I yelled back, almost getting up and throwing him out.

"Where are you, baby?" He asked, sweetly.

Nuh uh. The great Evelina Romano is not going to fall for that.

"At a place called 'truck off'." I yelled, rolling my eyes.

"Aww, why are you angry?" He said, finally coming to stand in the door of the living room, watching me aggressively flip through movies, deciding what to watch. Poor remote and poor future Leo.

"Cuz you think you can do whatever the truck you want." I grumbled. "Truck off to where you came from."

"Aww, little baby is angry." He said, in a baby voice while moving towards me.

I stood up abruptly.
"Get away from me, Leo." I warned. I may hug him to death, or he may hug me to death.

"Meet your brother properly, little one." He said, smirking.

"Who? I don't know you." I said, shrugging and trying to go to my room.

"Come on, baby." He whined, stomping his feet a little.

Not. Cute.
I repeat. NOT. CUTE.

"No. That's Miss Romano for you." I said, simply, almost reaching the door.

Before I could, the door opened to reveal Elonzo. A furious Elonzo, to be exact.

One look at him and the first thought that crossed my mind was hide and the second was run.

I didn't do anything to get in trouble, but I would do anything to avoid being in the same room as him, when he's all stern and has the 'you kicked my puppy' look.

"Who put that big box in the middle of the lobby?" He narrowed his eyes at Leo.

I mean, come on, you didn't even enter the house properly and you're already in trouble.
I'm proud of you Leo.

"Me?" He said, already looking for a way to escape.

"What is it for?" Elonzo asked, narrowing his eyes in suspicion.

"Do you really think I'd cause trouble without her?" He said, pointing towards me.

Truck. I was crawling to get out of there without getting spotted.

"So she's in with you on it." Elonzo stated, turning around to kill me with his glare.

"No!" I yelled, glaring at Leo. This trucker always gets me in trouble.

Its always like this, if one of us is going down, the other will too.

"I swear, I'm not doing anything wrong." Leo said, genuinely. Elonzo stared at him for sometime, before nodding.

"Welcome home." He said, hugging him for two seconds and walking back, while I tried to escape.

"Come on, baby. I had work." Leo said, running after me when I took off.

"Doesn't mean you have to get so engrossed in your work." I said, not giving into that tone he was using.

"I'm sorry." He whined again.

"I said, truck off." I yelled, but at that exact moment I was caught.

"Let me go, blackhead." I gritted, pushing against his arms.