Chapter 75

This day is going absolutely horrible.

Dad, Elonzo, and Marco are out for business. For two trucking days. I think it's urgent, because they looked quite stressed.

Doctor Will got an emergency, so he's gone since morning. Luciano is not home as usual. Leo is at the headquarters, because he's working from there while Dad, Elonzo and Marco are working from I don't know where. The older twins and Nathan are out for games.

And I'm stuck with Oliver and Henry.

I stared at them bored, as the movie played in the background. I lost interest in it some time ago.

No matter how much I try to not be sad about the adoption, I'm still feeling gloomy. I'm forcing myself to be happy that she got a new home, but I'm sad they had to be seperated.

Not to mention the fact that Angel called about ten times today, because Grace's guardian didn't pick up.

"Did you eat today? Boss is asking about it." Oliver said.

I didn't. I didn't feel like eating.

"Yeah. I did." I said, turning my head back to the TV.

They nodded and texted whoever that boss is back.

Minutes later, I was staring at them again.
"Can you dance?" I asked.

Maybe that would be funny and I would laugh. Then this sad feeling will go away.

"No. But we can play chess, if you want to try some other source of entertainment." Henry said, after he was done chuckling with Oliver.

I shook my head.

"I'll be in the Library. You can grab something to eat and chill here." I said, getting up.

"That'll get us in trouble, Miss Romano." Oliver chuckled. "We have to be with you all the times."

"But you'll get bored watching me read." I said, walking upstairs.

"Don't worry. That's our job." Henry said, simply, following me.

"Fine." I said.

I spent all the time in the library. Henry and Oliver left as soon as the older twins and my twin came home, which was late, after dinner time.

"Did you have dinner, girl-dude?" Ryder asked, sitting beside me on the floor of the library.

"Yeah. How was your day?" I asked, smiling and quickly changing the topic. I haven't done in a long time, I doubt they will suspect anything.

I don't know why I'm doing it again, but the urge to not eat is strong.

"Aww. Do you need a hug? You look sad." Tyler said, already moving forward. He engulfed me in a hug and stayed like that for a minute.

"You ruined my hair, monkey." I said, throwing a pillow at him. I had piled pillows and blankets in a corner, for me to sit while reading. "Go shower. You smell."

"Okay, girl-dude. Chill." Ryder said, chuckling while getting up.

Is Grace really okay?

I got up before I started thinking about it again. I've been doing that the whole day, thinking about if she really was okay. I can't go to meet her yet.  Because one, I don't know the address, two my brothers are busy. Marco said, he wants to go with me.

As soon as I was on my feet, I stumbled back. My head started spinning as darkness clouded my vision.

Ugh. Elonzo will kill me if he finds out I skipped five meals in total. But he won't find out, he's not here and by the time he gets home, I'll be over this.