Chapter 74

"What?" I asked, looking at them ridiculously.

"Yes." Jay confirmed.

"And you didn't call me to meet her. What about Angel and Elsa?" I asked.

They can't be serious.

"We couldn't. It was all done so fast. I was packing her stuff, while Jay was handling three girls throwing a tantrum and three boys trying to scare Grace's new guardian away." Elijah explained, looking like he was about to cry.

"It's been difficult handling them." Jay added.

"But." I stopped, biting the inside of my cheek. "But how could he make them stay away from each other? They're triplets."

"He couldn't look after three of them properly. So he adopted Grace. We went to meet her yesterday." Jay said.

"He has a big house and a good income. She looked happy." Elijah said, smiling a little. "She did cry while meeting us and we asked her if she was okay and treating her right. She started rambling about having her own room and stuff."

"And she will surely tell us, if he does anything wrong." Jay said, having a serious look in his eyes.

"Jay raised them good, after all." Elijah nudged Jay, with a proud smile on his face.

Right. Jay is a responsible guy. From what I know, him and Elijah are already working to be independent and settling down somewhere.

Their plans are, get a decent job so they can get the kids' custody. Everything they want to do revolves around the six kids they're raising together, along with Mother Susan, of course, but she has to look after others too.

It's been a week since Grace got adopted and I'm getting to know about it now. I don't blame them. They have school, then small jobs, then five kids to handle now, who as I expected them to, are throwing a tantrum till now.

"Right." I muttered, before walking into the building.

There's this weight on my chest, just hearing about them being seperated. They're triplets. You can't match that bond and you can't survive without it.

I know now. Ever since I got to know about my twin, I feel uneasy when he's away for too long. Exactly why he never even asked to go on that camp again. The camp he returned from when we first met.

"Evvie!" Noah was the first one to notice me as I entered the room. This room was huge and just made for them to play. Toys everywhere, pillows and blankets to make castles, fairy lights, a TV and cartoon pictures.

This time was different. There weren't toys lying around, instead they were in the box, they're rarely kept in. Only times I saw the toys in that box was, when Jay decided to lecture about the mess. So as the scary dude he is, he was successful. Angel still argued as the brave little girl she is, but Jay was quick to set a warning glare on her and she complied.

Much like what Elonzo does when I don't do something he told me to do.

Guardian things, I guess.

I crouched down as he reached me, the other kids following close behind. I wrapped them all in a hug, as they started ranting about how Jay let it happen.

It's not in Jay's hands. But since they look up to him, they think he's the boss and can do everything.

Kinda like how kids see their Dad as a superhero who can do anything.

"I want her back here with us." Angel whined, sniffling. She was holding back her tears.

Liam, who was silent through all of this spoke up.