Chapter 1

Welcome to the Third book in the River Winchester series.
The first two are:
1. Run, Boy, Run
2. Fight, Boy, Fight

River's Basic Attire:

Have fun! ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Have fun!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I was running from two vamps, I pissed them off, and since I ran away from Sam, I've got no one. I slid into a hole, and set off the fireworks, I crawled out as they were blinded by the flashes. My eyes glowed, my machete swung through their necks, I laughed and picked up my machete, wiping it off.
I said" 32-0. I've got this." I picked up my bag and pulled it on, then I heard sirens, I gulped." Oops." I let the black smoke surround me....

I appeared in an abandoned tree house, I found it a few months ago, it's about 30 miles into the woods, and about 26 miles away from Rufus' cabin. I laughed, then put my bag down,
I said" Okay, River, what's hurt?" I looked in the mirror, scanning down my body, till I landed on a nasty bite on my side." Mm. I don't know how to... I- uh..." I watched blood slide down my skin, I sighed, then took a deep breathe." Okay. Sewing is easy, you watched your brothers do it plenty of times. You-You just gotta not bleed out, and you gotta make sure it won't get infected. So, a sewing needle, fishing line, and... some sort of straight alcohol." I pulled out a sewing needle and fishing line," Sterilize the needle first, River." I grabbed a candle and stared at the wick, it flamed up, I put the needle on the fire until it was really hot. I put the line in the needle and started sewing, I whimpered, tears brimmed my eyes, I gulped." Calm down, calm down. This-this is nothing compared to the torture in hell, this is nothing compared to what has happened to you."
I finished sewing, I let out a breathe, then the black smoke surrounded me again...

I appeared in a liquor store, I sighed, then looked at the cameras, my eyes glowed, they shut down, fritzing. I smiled, then a bottle of vodka came to me.
I whispered" I hope this works." I let the smoke surround me.

I appeared back in the tree house, I sat down and pulled up my shirt. I let the vodka pour over the sewed bite mark, I screamed in pain, crying out, I breathed heavily. The ground shook under me and I heard a tree crash in the distance.
I whispered" It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay." I breathed out, then my eyes glowed," Gotta be strong, gotta be strong." I gulped, then relaxed against the wall. I closed my eyes, starting to drift off, I jolted myself awake." No, can't sleep, lost too much blood to sleep."
———
I walked into Kevin's hideout, I saw him about to spray me,
I said" Kevin if you dare, I'll be the one that kills you!" He stopped,
He said" Where have you been?"
" I never said I was gonna stay with you, scaredy cat." I winced as I moved my side too much,
" What happened?"
" I fought two monsters... but hey, fireworks are cool!" I sat down, and pulled up my shirt, looking at the rag I taped to my skin." I couldn't find any gauze, so a rag I cleaned and some duck tape works too. Do you have any food?"
———
I heard someone knock on the door, then heard my brother's voice,
Sam said" Kevin. It's Sam and Dean Winchester. Open up." What?! Dean? No, no, no. I looked at Kevin, then grabbed a spray gun, we walked behind the door and waited till they came in. We both sprayed them,
Dean said" Stop! Stop! Not leviathans. It's us."
I said" They're not demons either."
Kevin said" What the hell happened to you guys?"
Dean said" Cliff notes? I went to purgatory. Sam hit a dog."
" For real? You want some towels?" I dropped my holy-water gun and hugged Dean, digging my face into his stomach. I thought he was dead, that blast from Dick killed him.

Dean said" Who taught you all this?"
Kevin said" I guess... god."
Sam said" God taught you how to trap demons?"
" Technically, yeah."
" Wait, wait, hold on. Crowley kidnapped you. I saw that. But then you left a message saying you escaped. How?"
" Well... first, he took me to a warehouse. There was a tablet there, like the last one."
Dean said" Wait, there's another tablet? So another word of god."
" Yes."
" How many words of god are there?"
" I just became a prophet, like, a year ago."
Sam said" Well, did this tablet have a name?"
" Demons."
Dean said" What about demons?"
" As far as I could tell... everything." Kevin explained,
Sam said" What about hell gates?"
" There's one in Wisconsin. The tablet told me how to open it. There were ingredients for a spell."
Dean said" You showed the king of hell how to open a hell gate? So that all the demons in hell could come out all at the same time?"
I said" He never said that."
Kevin said" What? No. I told Crowley I was opening a hell gate but I was reading from another chapter- How to destroy demons."
Dean said" You son of a bitch."
Sam said" Wait. Kevin? Where's the tablet now?"
Kevin said" Safe."
" Safe where?"
Dean said" Hey. As long as it's safe, okay? Were you able to read anything else off the tablet before you stashed it?"
Kevin said" Only the stuff about closing the gates of hell forever."
" Come again?"
" Banish all demons off the face of the earth, lock them away forever. That could be important, right?"
" Closing the gates of hell forever? Yeah. Yeah, that could be important."

The place started shaking, my eyes glowed, the boards cut through the devil trap.
Dean said" We got company. Sam." He handed Sam the demon knife then pulled out a weird weapon.
Sam said" What the hell is that?"
" It's purgatory." Then 3 demons came in, I looked at them,
One said" Dean Winchester. Back from Purgatory."
" Spanky the demon. Yeah, I heard about you. You're the one who uses too much teeth, right?" One ran for me, as the other ran for Sam, I gulped, then dodged him as he tried to grab me. Black smoke surrounded him, I raised my chin and he slammed into the ceiling, I smiled, and he slammed back into the ground. I saw Dean kill the demon that went after him, I raised my hand and the knife levitated, I pointed to the demon. The knife ran through the demon, he lit up then dropped, the black smoke disappeared. And the knife came to me.
I heard Crowley say" Hello, boys." I gave the knife to Dean," Dean. You're looking... well, let's just say purgatory didn't do you any favors. Where's your angel?"
" Ask your mother."
" There's that grade-school zip. Missed it. I really did. Moose. Still with the pork chops. I admire that."
Kevin said" Let Channing go."
Dean said" That's not Channing, Kevin. Not anymore."
Crowley said" What an awful thing to say to the boy. Of course it's Channing. Kev. Last time we danced, you stole my tablet and killed my men. Tell you what. Come with me now, bygones. And I'll let the girl go back to... what's-the-point U."
" He's lying. You won't get Channing back. She's probably dead already."
" Will you please stop saying that? Let the girl speak." He snapped his fingers,
Channing said" Kevin?"
Kevin said" Channing?"
" What's going on?"
" There's a demon in you, and you're going to your safety school."
" What?!"
" But it's gonna be okay."
Crowley said" I-I-I-I just- I can't."
" No, no wait." Crowley snapped his fingers again, the demon took over again. I looked at Kevin," Okay. I'll do it."
Sam said" Kevin."
" Myself for the girl. But this ends. All right? No fighting, no nothing. It ends."
Dean said" Can't let you do that, buddy."
" Or what? You'll kill me? I'll grab my stuff." He walked away,
Crowley said" Chin up, gentlemen. I'm a professional."
Dean said" This ain't over by a long shot, Crowley."
" Really, Dean, who writes your stuff? A marshmallow? Come on, Kevin. Chop, chop. Kevin?" I smirked, he tried to move but Sam and Dean blocked him. He snapped his fingers, the demon knife sizzled, Dean dropped it." Really, boys?" He walked past them," Kevin!" Following Kevin's path, I got ready to run.
Kevin screamed" Sam, Dean, run!" I took off, my brothers behind me.

We jumped into the car, Dean took off, Crowley snapped the girl's neck as we drove by.
———
We pulled into a gas station, Dean's phone rang,
He said" Hello? Wrong number." He hung up," Automated jackass. All right, anybody want anything?"
Sam said" I'm good." They both looked back at Kevin," Kevin? How you holding up?"
Kevin said" Awesome. The king of hell just snapped my girlfriend's neck. How 'bout you?"
Dean said" All right, listen to me. I'm sorry about your girlfriend, okay? I am. But the sooner you get this, the better. You're in it now whether you like it or not.  That means you do what you got to do. I'm hitting the head." He got out, walking away from us, I looked at Sam, then looked down as I saw him look at me. I hope I don't get asked questions, I don't know how to explain anything to them. Not from this past year.