Chapter 43

I heard Sam yell for me, I teleported into the map room, I saw Gadreel, sliced, and Dean with the first blade. Sam got between Gadreel and Dean,
Dean said" Move."
Sam said" Dean. Look at me."
" Sam! Move!" Cas grabbed Dean, Sam and I grabbed the blade,
" Let it go! Let it go! Let it go."

Dean said" The hell if you think I'm riding the pine on this one, guys."
Sam said" Something is wrong with you, Dean. And until we figure out what, this is where you have to stay."
" And you three are gonna do what? Take on Metatron yourselves? That's smart. Oh, no, wait. No, you-you lost your angel army. And you- now you're trying to lock up the one guy who has a shot at killing the son of a bitch! Hell of a plan, fellas!" They walked out, shutting the doors and then closing the door, then locking it.

Cas said" Sam."
Sam said" Yeah?"
" Dean... wasn't wrong. My followers have abandoned us."
" Yeah, and Gadreel says he can help us. From where I sit, that's more than an even trade." He put the first blade in a box then we went to walk to Gadreel but he was gone.

We found Gadreel, then followed his blood print to him.
He said" Please. I'll leave you alone, I swear."
Cas said" We're not here to hurt you."
" No. Your grace. Healing me will only weaken you." Cas healed him anyways, I looked at Sam then Cas," Did you hear him?"
" Metatron. Yes. Where is he going? What does he want?"
" I'm afraid... humanity." Cas looked at us, that's not good.

We walked into the library, I saw the box open, the box we left the blade in.
Sam said" Oh, no."
Gadreel said" What's that smell?"
" Sulfur."

Sam said" Dean, pick up the phone. Call me back. I'm not kidding, all right? Don't do this. Not like this."
Cas said" Are you sure it was Crowley?"
" Who else would he summon? I mean, he and Crowley have been bromancing over the blade ever since Dean got the mark."
Gadreel said" The mark?"
Cas said" The mark of Cain."
" So that's what Dean cut me with- The first blade. In a way, that could be useful."
Sam and I said" What?"
" Well, Metatron is more powerful than ever, but if Dean has the first blade and the mark, that might give us our best chance."
Sam said" You're joking, right? An hour ago, we were ready to throw Dean into a padded cell, and now you say he's our best chance?"
Cas said" Hear him out, Sam, River." I scoffed, my eyes glowed,
I said" Oh, right. Excuse us. Sorry, guys. Uh, sorry we're a little less than eager to hear that our best chance is-is arming the warhead and hoping it hits the mark."
Sam said" This is not a bomb we're talking about. This is our brother."
Gadreel said" And you brother would not be in this alone. We can help."
" How?"
" I believe Metatron has found a way to tap into the angel tablet, harnessing its power to give him powers equivalent to-"
" God, right? I mean, that's what this is all about, isn't it? Metatron wants to be god. Great, well, that basically makes him unstoppable."
Cas said" Not if we can break the connection between Metatron and the tablet. That would make him just an ordinary angel. Where's the tablet?"
Gadreel said" Metatron's office."
Sam said" In heaven?"
" I can get us to the door."
" And then what? I mean, why would they let you in? I-If Metatron's number two shows up with heaven's most wanted, the gig is up."
Cas said" Sam, we have to try."

I met up with Sam and Dean, I wiped my nose as it started bleeding since I teleported to them.
Dean said" Anything?"
Sam said" Uh, yeah. He's up there. About a mile up the road. There's a homeless encampment. The way the folks are talking, he's got them convinced he's some kind of new Jesus or something. You good?"
" Yeah, I'm good." Sam grabbed the first blade, handing it to Dean," Listen, Sammy, Riv, about, um, you know, the last couple of months..."
" I know. So, before we find something else to fight about... tell me.. are you ready to gut this bitch?" Then Dean decked Sam, knocking him,
I said" Dean!" I raised my hand to freeze him but he punched me-

Sam and I sped down the stairs, the people went to surround us.
Sam said" Stay back." Bringing out his gun," Stay back! Where's Metatron?!"

We saw Metatron stab Dean with an angel blade,
We screamed" No!" Sam and I ran to him,
We said" Hey. Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. Hey." We pulled him into a sitting position, thunder crashed and the place shook. Sam stood up and tried to stab him but he disappeared. My eyes glowed, and black smoke circled me,
Dean said" Sammy, Riv, you got to get out of here before he comes back."
" Shh. Shh. Shh. Shh. Shut up. Shut up. Just save your energy, all right? We'll stop the bleeding. We'll get to a doctor or-or we'll find a spell. You're gonna be okay."
" Listen to me. It's better this way."
" What?"
" The mark. It's making me into something I don't want to be."
Sam said" Don't worry about the mark. We'll figure out the mark later. Just hold on, okay? Get you some help." Sam pulled Dean onto his feet,
" Ahh!"

Dean said" What happened with you being okay with this?"
Sam said" I lied."
" Ain't that a bitch?" I helped keep Dean moving,

Dean said" Sam. River. Hold up. Hold up." We leaned Dean on something," I got to say something to you two."
Sam and I said" What?"
" I'm proud of us." He fell forward, we caught him,
" No, no. Hey, hey, hey. Hey, wake up, buddy. Hey. Dean. Dean!" I breathed heavily as Sam cried, black smoke circled me as my eyes glowed as tears streamed down my face. My powers exploded, everything rumbled and shook around us.

After a few minutes,
I said" Sammy, let's go. Come on, we gotta go." I tugged at his jacket, then wrapped my hand around his wrist then Dean's before black smoke circled us.

I got us to the impala, Sam started driving, as my nose poured blood, that's the first time I'd ever done anything like that. The consequences won't be good.

Sam and I put Dean onto his bed, then we walked out. I walked to my room, I closed my door, my body convulsed as my powers exploded around me. The world spun, and I hit the floor, I coughed up some blood then stared at the ground. It's on...