Chapter 4

Skipping s8e4: Bitten, honestly it's just hard to write given the POV switch.

Onto s8e5: Blood Brother
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We walked into another motel room,
Dean said" Well, that is twice that he's burned us. Shame on you."
Sam said" No, no, no, no. I'm the one who said he set us up."
" No, you said, I wonder if Kevin is setting us up. And then you started in with the-the techno babble. That was like two states ago."
" Yeah, well, whatever. Either way, that's another room billed to one of Kevin's false credit IDs. And the motel ran his number today."
" Just like he actually checked in?"
" Yes."
" Kid's like rain man. He's like a crappy little credit-card-counting... criminal prodigy rain man."
" Well, he was in advanced placement."
" Shut up." He handed a beer to Sam and a water to me." When's that little idiot gonna stop running from us?"
" I don't know, Dean. I mean, you did try to kill his mother."
" I was trying to kill Crowley, okay? Who happened to be wearing Kevin's mother at the time. Well, there's a difference."
" Apparently not to Kevin. Oh, I know. Maybe because- oh, yeah- it's his mother." Dean's phone rang,
" Hold that thought. No, actually, you know what? Don't hold that thought." He answered his phone," Hello? Hello? Uh, hang on. There's not enough bars." He walked out, I looked at Sam then opened the bottle of water and took a sip, before closing it.

Dean was still on the phone outside, Sam came out of the bathroom and looked out the window.

Dean was leaving,
Sam said" And-and what exactly is that supposed to mean, you've got to go?"
Dean said" Which words are giving you trouble?"
" We're on the case, remember, Dean? The Winchester holy grail, shut the gates of hell forever case."
" Sure are. But in order to close the gates of hell, we need our prophet, am I right? So step one- find Kevin Tran. Well, he ain't here. But he wanted us to be, which means we're probably as far away from him as he could possibly put us. So step two- find Kevin Tran. You mind if I take the Toblerone?"

We followed Dean outside,
Sam said" Wait. Dean, seriously?"
Dean said" Hey, the trail is dead, but the room is paid for. You got some research to do, and I got some personal crap I got to take care of. That's all?"
" What does that mean- Personal?"
" Did you have a stroke? Vocabulary. Personal, as in my own grown-up personal- I don't know- crap."
" Damn it-"
" What, Sam? Last I counted, you took a year off from the job. I need a day." He got into the car and cranked it before driving off, I looked at Sam. He sighed then looked at me,
I said" Is he gonna be back soon?"
He said" Yeah, bud." He walked to me and we walked back inside.
———
Sam was trying to find a trace of Kevin,
Sam said" You are a wascally wabbit, Mr. Tran." I was jumping on the bed, I yawned," Concerned." He cleared his throat," Not stalking... concerned." I tilted my head, then there was rattling from the bathroom. He got up and walked to the bathroom, I jumped off the bed and looked at the laptop, who's the woman? Whatever. I ran back to the bed, and jumped onto it, completely missed it and hit the wall. I grunted, but sat up,
I mumbled" Stupid wall." Rubbing my head, I heard Sam fixing something, then the rattling stopped. He walked back out and saw me on the floor, I grinned at him, he scoffed.
" What'd you do?"
" Seriously doubted my jump eye coordination."
" Hit the wall?"
" Hit the wall."
" So, uh, wanna tell me what you were doing besides monster hunting?"
" So, Uh, wanna tell me why you're stalking that woman?" He clicked his tongue, scoffing, then sighed,
" Not really."
" Same answer! Good!" I smiled then got up, and jumped onto the bed, sitting criss-cross.
" Yeah. Good, good. You little manipulator." I laughed,
" Whatever you say, gigantor!" He chuckled and picked up a pack of gummi bears and threw them at me.
" Entertain yourself, would you." I laughed and caught them,
" Fine." I opened the pack and began eating them.

I screamed as a ghoul attacked me, I hit the ground hard, I let my eyes glow and they were slung back from me. I moved my hand, black smoke surrounded them, and tore off their head. I breathed out, slumping against the ground, I coughed and looked at my arm, seeing the blood slid down. I let the black smoke take over me...

I appeared in my treehouse, I sniffled, then started cleaning the chomp mark on my forearm.
I mumbled" It's okay, River. It's just a bite mark, it can't hurt you, not really anyways." Tears streamed down my face, I sniffled," Just... Just do what Sammy and De taught you, clean it and wrap it. And it'll go away soon and leave an awesome scar. Yeah, awesome." I breathed heavily, and poured alcohol on it, I screamed as it stung, the black smoke swirled around me, I screamed again," Stop! Stop!" The black smoke disappeared, I sighed, then pulled my knees to my chest as I started wrapping it with gauze." It's okay, it's okay, it's okay. River, it's okay. Shh, big brothers got you. Sammy and Dean's got you. We'd never let anything happen to you, you're our baby brother." I closed my eyes, pulled the remaining gauze off and putting it back in my bag.

I woke up, gasping, sitting up, I shook my head then noticed the empty room.
I said" Sammy? Sammy!" I jumped up, running to the door, I opened it and saw Sam sitting outside. I sighed, I felt the ground start to shake, I saw Sam look around then to me.
He said" Hey, buddy, you okay?" I gulped, nodding my head, I walked to him, and sat at his legs." You sure?"
" Yeah."
" Okay." I played with his shoelaces, silently.

Sam's been trying to get ahold of Dean, and Sam's phone rang, he answered it, I threw a gummi bear at him. He put it on speaker,
Sam said" Hey."
Dean whispered" Okay, what?"
" What?"
" Why did you call me?" I walked over to him,
" Why are you whispering?"
" It's kind of hard to explain. But I'm sort of in the middle of cleaning out a vampire's nest, and it's sort of gone a little sideways on me."
" What?! Are you an idiot, Dean? You know better than to go into a vamp nest alone."
" I'm not alone, dammit. All right? I'm not alone. I've got backup- Guy who's been tracking the nest for a while."
" What guy? Garth?"
" What? No. You don't know him. He's a friend."
" A friend? Dean, you don't have any- All your friends are dead." He was walking around, pacing, I was following him, listening." That's not what I called to talk about."
" I get the separate-lives thing, but this is a hunting thing, and we need to find that line-"
" Oh, my god, stop talking. I texted you my 20." Sam looked at his phone,
" Yeah, I got it. Look, we're on our way. And, listen, if you handle it, great. I'll buy your friend the first round. But, Dean, listen to me. Dean? Dean, are you there? Dean. Dean. You kidding me? Damn it!" He threw his phone, I breathed heavily, black smoke started surrounding me, swirling around my legs.
I said" Let's go, Sammy." I looked at the black smoke," Go away." It went away, I sighed, then grabbed my bag," Come on, you can bitch later! Let's go!"

Sam jacked a car, and now is speeding down the road to try and get to Dean because Dean's not answering his phones.

I watched Dean pull up in a boat with a man, Dean threw Sam the rope, Sam tied it to the dock. Dean got onto the dock, I stood against Sam, staring at the man, my eyes glowed. Dean stood between the man and us, the man walked up.
He said" I'm Benny." Sam shook his hand," Heard a lot about you, Sam." Sam went for his machete, Dean shook his head, what?," I can see you two have a lot to talk about." He picked up his bag and walked past us, I looked at Dean. He wouldn't, right? He wouldn't!