Chapter 19

I was doing flips off the stairs at the library, Dean walked past me, I ran to him. I ran to the bag he had and dug out a crunch bar, I grabbed it and ran to the other side of the table, sitting down as he sat down at the computer running security footage. Then I saw Sam come in, Dean's definitely gonna comment on his hair.
Dean said" Y- Man, I'm telling you, give me five minutes with some clippers, and-"
Sam said" Oh, shut up. What time did I lay down?"
" You took a siesta around noon... yesterday." Dean threw a beer bottle and Sam didn't even attempt to catch it, it shattered on the floor.
" I'm sorry, uh-"
" That's why we don't have nice things, Sam." Then Sam stumbled," You okay?"
" Yeah, I'm-I'm fine." He leaned against the table, wincing," Just, uh, you know what? I'm gonna get dressed. We should go find Kevin."
" Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. Easy, easy, sleeping beauty. Look, man. I've hacked into every security camera around- Garth's houseboat, Kevin's hometown, where Ms. Tran lived."
" And?"
" Well, nothing so far."
" Dean, we have to find him."
" I know. I know. Look, Garth is out looking for him. We've got a hunter APB out on Kevin. We will do what we can from here. While you get better."
" I'm fine. Dean, I can still go out there. I can still hunt."
" Really?" Then they went to the shooting range, I knew Sam couldn't hit a target, there's no way.

They were back, the laptop dinged, Sam walked to it, and looked.
He said" It's from Charlie. In the neighborhood, found you guys a case. Found us a case?"
Dean said" In the neighborhood? How the hell's she know where we are?"
" Uh, well, she doesn't. Not exactly, at least. It says she tracked our cells to a 20-mile radius. Then the signal went out. Huh. This place must be in some kind of, like, a Bermuda triangle."
" What, are you saying, that we can make and receive phone calls from here and nobody can track us?" Sam scoffed, I smiled," Man, I love this place."

They came in with Charlie, now we're sitting in the library,
She said" Holy awesome. Too bad they got wiped out, though that is what they get for the sexist name."
Sam said" Well, anyway, that's our skinny. How about you?"
" Um... made a deal with the yesteryear weirdos. We're gonna team up to stomp the shadow orcs. You guys are still coming to the midyear jubilee, right?"
Dean said" Wouldn't miss it."
Sam said" So, what about this case you brought us?"
She said" Oh. When I was in Topeka, I saw this pop up over the wire. Tom Blake, a checkout clerk in Salina who went missing on his way home from work- he was found dead yesterday. His insides? Liquified. Locals have no idea what happened. They tried to bury the report so people wouldn't freak, but I flagged it. I have eliminated the following things that go bump in the night."
" Wait a second. When did you become such an expert?"
" Well, after you guys left, I dug into all things monstrous. I'm a wee bit obsessive... if a wee bit means completely. I also found this series of books by Carver Edlund." Sam and Dean looked at each other, I laughed, falling off the table since I was sitting on it." Did those books really happen? Wow. That is some meta-madness. Thanks for saving the world and stuff. Sorry you have zero luck with the ladies."
" Wha- We need to find every single copy of those books and burn them."
" They're online now, so good luck with that."
Dean said" Awesome. Well, you two crazy kids deal with that. I will go see if there's anything to this, uh, case of yours."
Sam said" I'm coming with you." He stumbled as he stood up from the chair,
Charlie said" Whoa. Are you sure you're okay?"
" Yes."
Dean said" No. You're taking a knee as long as you're off your game."
Charlie said" I'll go with you."
" Look, no disrespect, okay, but there is a big difference between reading about hunting and actually hunting."
" I'm coming with."

Dean and Charlie left, I yawned as I put my head in my arms at the table.

I woke up went I felt someone rub my hair back, I sat up, and saw Sam in his fed suit.
I said" No way!"
He said" You can't stop me."
" I can... but you look like you're gonna fall apart if I do."
" You don't look any better than I do, pipsqueak."
" Touché. Dean's gonna kick my ass."
" Stay here." I huffed but put my head back in my arms, closing my eyes. I couldn't stop him even if I tried, he's stubborn, we all are... that's kinda our big problem.