Chapter 48

I was holding cast arm with my feet while cutting the cast off with my knife. Sam was asleep, Dean can't stop me even if he tried, and I wanted the stupid thing off my arm! It stinks, it's covered in dirt, and my arm itches! And it's already healed, I had Dean punch it and it didn't hurt, and I've been through worse.
I heard Dean say" Hey."
Sam said" Hey. How long you been up?"
" Long enough to find us a case."
" Long enough to- I take it that means you're feeling back to normal?" I started cutting the cast faster,
" Yeah, whatever normal is in our world. So, uh... right here. A teacher at an all-girls school went missing in Flint, Michigan. She was, uh, headed to her car and then disappeared. Nobody's seen her since."
" Dean, there's nothing here to even remotely suggest there's a case."
" There is nothing there that even remotely suggests there isn't a case. Boom."
" Come on, man."
" Sam, out there hunting- That's the only normal I know. We got work to do." I tried cutting it off faster, then I heard the silence.
" Where's River?" Oh, no...
" Being a bad child." I knew he pointed to me, then I saw Sam look over at me, I smiled innocently.
" Riv..."
I said" You son of a bitch! Why you gotta rat on me?!" Dean chuckled,
" Really? A dagger to cut off a cast?"
" Well, Dean wouldn't let me have the sera... the knife with the pointy, tinier knives on it, so I winged it!"
" You mean serrated..."
" Whatever."
Dean said" Pointy, tinier... you get it off yet?"
" Obviously not!" He chuckled," At least I didn't have to use a saw."
" Touché." I smirked, then glared at the cast,
" Okay! It's annoying!" Black smoke circled my arm and my cast flung off my arm." Yes!"
" Where'd we go wrong?" Sam scoffed, then walked to me, holding out his hand, I grabbed it and he pulled me up.
He said" So, you decided instead of going to a doctor to get it taken off... you were going to just cut it off?"
I said" I have a very chaotic brain now, and I was left unsupervised... with a very itchy arm. And anyways, Dean punched it to make sure it healed!" Sam looked at Dean, with the bitch face, Dean looked at me with a deadpan." I wasn't supposed to tell him that, was I?"
Dean said" Get your stuff."
" Yep!" I ran to the motel room, then slid into the wall, I shook my head then walked to my bag.
Sam said" You okay?!"
" My face just met the wall! No big deal!"
" Okay." I smiled and turned to look at them,
Dean said" You are one clumsy thing, aren't you?"
I said" I don't know how I'm clumsy, I just am sometimes." I found my jacket and stuffed it into my bag," You're not clumsy, Sam's kinda clumsy, but he's like 8 feet tall, so that's an excuse for him." I searched for my other shoe,
" Is that how you see the world, buddy?"
" Hm?" I looked up,
" Never mind." I found my other shoe and stuffed it in, then I went on the hunt for my earbuds." How'd he even get a cast, Sam?"
Sam said" He found some demon activity, went to check it out on his own... handled it till one snuck up behind him, snapped his arm back, he was lucky it didn't snap it in half. I got a call about a day later, he woke up in an abandoned building, he went atomic... passed out, I rushed to him and he was sobbing with pain."
" He went alone?"
" He's handled himself pretty well, he's getting stronger. Can control a little more... till the power goes atomic and it kinda all goes out the door." My earbuds zoomed to me, I caught them then stuffed them in my pocket.
———
We pulled up to the school,
Sam said" Oh, of course. Yes, I certainly appreciate it. You got it. Thanks, officer." He got off the phone," So, the last place Mrs. Chandler was seen by anyone was in the auditorium. Turns out she's the drama teacher." They got out,
Dean said" Theater kids- Great." They walked away, I sighed, watching them walk into the building... then I saw the sign above the door. Supernatural. What the holy hell? A musical about... ugh. Gross. I laid down, then looked at my newly freed arm, I started scratching it, feeling the invisible itch.

They came back,
Sam said" I mean, shouldn't it be Dea-stiel?"
Dean said" Really? That's your issue with this?"
" No, of course it's not my issue. You know, how about... sastiel, samstiel?"
" Okay, all right, you know what? You're gonna do that thing where you just shut the hell up- Forever." Sam chuckled,
" Look, man- No EMF, no hex bags. None of their props are even remotely hinky. Other than the Charlie Kaufman of it all, I got nothing. You?"
" No, Ms. Chandler's office was just a pile of empty bottles and regret. She's probably facedown in a bar somewhere or a ditch. All right, so, what, this-this whole... This whole musical thing, everything, it's just- It's all a coincidence? There is no case?"
" Unless you're seeing something I'm not, no, Dean, there's no case here."
" Okay." Dean walked around and opened his door,
" CasDean?"
" Shut your face. Get in the car." I laughed as Sam got in," You too, back there, shut your face." That only caused me to laugh more, he slapped my foot off the seat, I smiled.
———
My head dropped backwards, since I was hanging off the bed, my eyes closed, I started falling asleep.
I heard Dean whisper" Should we, uh..."
Sam whispered" You wanna move him?"
" You can, go ahead."
" No, uh, you can."
" I will leave him upside down." I heard Sam groan then my body was lifted up, I whined, Sam tensed up." He finally falls asleep, damn upside down..."
" Shh." I was put on the bed, I started falling asleep again," I'll just write him a note, he can call when he wakes up."
" Yeah, bet how pissed-"

I woke up, breathing heavily, things were hurricaning around the room. I made them stop as my eyes glowed, they dropped. My phone rang, I grabbed it, and answered,
Sam said" Hey, buddy, you conscious?"
I mumbled" Not really."
" We're hunting a goddess." I blinked a few times then rubbed my eyes," Why don't you teleport to me and help me bless some stakes?"
" Okay." I teleported-

I appeared next to him, he chuckled as he wiped drool from my face.
He said" You had a good few hours."
I said" But now I won't sleep for days."
" You'll be all right, we'll feed you gummi worms and you won't have homicidal tendencies."
" Bite me, gigantor." 

I was with Sam, I was still really tired, but the amount of sleep I got was way too much for me, so I guess that's why I'm still tired. Then I felt something behind us, I turned and saw the scarecrow, Sam caught me up, my eyes glowed, and I tried to grab the stake that Sam had. The scarecrow grabbed me and threw me into the wall, then grabbed Sam, black smoke circled around me. The smoke pulled Sam away, then the scarecrow punched me, my eyes rolled back-

I woke up,
Sam said" So, why this story, huh? Why, uh, supernatural?"
The goddess said" Supernatural has everything. Life, death, resurrection, redemption. But above all... family." I slowly sat up, I saw the woman going for the stake." All set to music you can really tap your toe to. It isn't some meandering piece of genre dreck. It's... epic. And that... well, that is my bag of tea." The girl hit the goddess with a book,
She said" Bag this!" Sam was dropped, I grabbed the stake, throwing it to Sam, Sam stabbed the goddess. Then she exploded, purple goo, gross, cool but gross.

I was in the car, waiting for them, my leg started tapping.
I said" No, no, no! Come on! Don't you dare, you indecisive brain!" I drummed on the seat, then clambered over it the seat, getting stuck over it. I screamed, then black smoke surrounded me," No! No! No! Sam! Dean! Dean! Help me! Help!" Then I teleported-

I landed on a tree,
I screamed" Ah, no, no!" I gripped the branch then fell, I hit the ground, coughing. I breathed heavily, then slowly sat up, I mumbled" Sam? Dean?" I gulped, then reached into my pocket for my phone. It was cracked but it stilled worked, good, I called Sam's cell, it rung for a few seconds.
Sam said" Hey, Riv, get bored of us?"
" Zoomies... black smoke..."
" River?"
Dean said" Where are you, kid?"
I mumbled" Don't know."
" I'm gonna pull over and you're gonna teleport to me, okay?" I zoned out," Riv!" I hummed," You hear me?"
" Teleport?"
" Yeah, buddy, can you do that?"
" Mm-hmm." I teleported-

I appeared on Dean's lap,
He said" Whoa, buddy, hey?" He put me into the middle," River?"
Sam said" River?" He snapped his fingers in front of my eyes, I blinked.
I mumbled" Don't feel good, Sammy."
" What happened?"
" Zoomies... it went to teleport mode... I didn't have control..." I slumped my head a little,
Dean said" Hey, focus." He tilted my head back up,
" I don't know where I went... but I fell out of a tree."
" You hurt anywhere?"
" I don't think so."
" Okay, convincing." I grumbled as he pulled my jacket off to check my torso and arms. I slumped my head again,
" Just sleepy..."
Sam said" Buddy, you're never sleepy, that's what's concerning us."
" Oh."
Dean said" A few scratches and probably a lot of bruises but... nothing fatal."
Sam said" We should just let him sleep it off, he'll bounce back in a day or so." I slumped against Dean,
" Yeah." Dean moved his arm and I slumped even more into him, my eyes closed-