Chapter 11

A man came through the closet,
He said" Which of you is John Winchester?" I looked at my brothers, He stood up," Please, time is of the essence! Which of you is John Winchester?"
Sam said" Uh, neither."
" That's impossible. That's absolutely... what did I do wrong?"
Dean said" Who the hell are you, mister?"
" Not now. I'm thinking." Dean pinned him to the wall," Please. I can assure you there's no need for violence. One of you must know John Winchester."
Sam said" I'll tell you what- when one of us falls out of your closet, then you can ask the questions."
" Yes, my apologies. Is it absolutely essential, sir, that you keep you hands on me?" Dean let him go," Thank you. Gentlemen, in the absence of any and all other explanations. I'm afraid this has been a marvelous, tragic misunderstanding. I'll be on my way." He went for the door, my brothers stopped him.
" That's not happening."
" There are things of grave importance. I do not have time to deal with the likes of you." Sam grabbed his arm as Dean had the cuffs,
Dean said" You're not going anywhere, 007... till we get some answers." Then the man pulled from their grips and he wasn't in cuffs, huh?," How did he do that?" He ran out the door," You got to be kidding me!" They both struggled,
I said" Hold on!" I ran to them, they both continued to struggle," Stop moving, you idiots!" I held their wrists, the cuffs fell off them. They ran out the door.

The man said" And there with the holy water."
Sam said" He's clean."
" I could have told you that."
Dean said" Yeah, well, you can start by telling us everything before I beat it out of you."
" I'm quite certain this is all beyond your understanding, my alpha-male-monkey friend. And violence will not help you comprehend this any easier." Dean grabbed him and pointed his gun at his face.
" Let me tell you what I understand! Some asshat pops out of my closet asking about my dad, smashes up my ride. So why am I not getting violent, again?"
" John Winchester is your father?" Then there was rumbling, the ground shook, I gulped." What is that?" He stood up, I looked at my brothers," Oh, my god."
" What?"
" Run!" The closet opened and a woman came out, my eyes glowed immediately, I got by Sam.
The woman said" Henry. Silly man, you forgot to lock the door. But then spells never were your best subject, were they? Why don't you be a doll and give me what I want? And I promise to kill you and your friends here quickly."
" You know I can't do that."
" You're not a fighter, Henry." Then I was thrown, I heard Sam and Dean hit the walls too. Demon. Black smoke started circling up my body. I got unfocused, then I saw Dean stab her with the demon knife, but... she didn't... die? What... the.. hell. I gulped," Well, that is no way to treat a lady." I felt Sam grab me, the black smoke circled us, as he ran out. We jumped into the impala,
Sam said" Go, go, go, go, go, go!" Dean sped off.

We stopped, the man jumped out of the car and puked,
Sam said" Are you okay?"
He said" Yes, I will be." He puked again, I looked at my brothers," It's just all the adventures I enjoy are usually of the literary nature." He stood up,
Dean said" Yeah, well, now that you're done blowing chunks, you want to tell us who Betty Crocker was?"
" Abbadon. She's a demon." Duh.
Sam said" No kidding. Where'd she come from?"
Dean said" Where'd you come from?"
He said" She's from hell. I'm from Normal, Illinois- 1958."
" Yeah, right. Seriously? Dude's time traveling through motel room closets? That's what we've come to?"
" If you could just take me to John, we could clear all this up, I'm sure."
" I've told you that's not gonna happen."
" Why not?"
" Because he's dead!"
" No."
Sam said" What's it to you?"
" Everything. I'm his father." Sam and Dean looked at each other, this can't be good.

Sam said" Driver's license says he's Henry Winchester from Normal, Illinois. He knows dad's birthday, the exact place where he was born. Dudes, that's our grandfather."
I said" I only claim you two. I hate everyone else."
Dean said" I'm just saying before we break out the warm and toasties, let's not forget that, uh, HG Wells over there left dad high and dry when he was a kid."
Sam said" But maybe he didn't run out on dad- I mean, not on purpose. Maybe he time travelled here and, I don't know, got stuck."
" Yeah, well, either way, Dad hated the son of a bitch."
" And dad made up for that how? By being father of the year?" The food came,
" Thanks. Look, dad had his issues, okay," I pouted," But he was always there for us." I glared at Dean," Riv, calm it. You had me, and that's all you ever needed." I calmed down immediately," I freaking hate time travel, man." We walked back to the table, I sat next to Dean, grabbing a chicken finger.
" How you doing?"
Henry said" I'll be fine. After all, despite everything, I've just met my grandsons, haven't I? Henry Winchester." He held out his hand, Sam shook it," It's a pleasure."
" Sam."
" Hello, Sam." He held out his hand to Dean, Dean put the plate of food in front of him.
Dean said" Dinner."
Sam said" This is Dean and River."
Henry said" Right."
Dean said" Well, this has been touching. How about we figure out how to clean up your mess, huh?"
" Abbadon. Yes. She must be stopped."
" How come she didn't die when I stabbed her?"
" Because demons can't be killed by run of the mill cutlery. At the very least, you'd need an ancient demon-killing knife of the Kurds." Dean pulled out the handle of the knife,
" That's what this is."
" Where'd you get that?"
" Demon gave it to me. We've been around this block so many times."
Sam said" Now, that portal or whatever it was you came through- Is it still open?"
Henry said" I highly doubt it. Why?"
" I'm just thinking if we can't kill this Abbadon..."
Dean said" Maybe we can shove her back where she came from. How did you do it?"
" It's a blood sigil. Blood leads to blood. Or their next of kin."
Sam said" But Abbadon came through it, also, right? So can you create this blood sigil again?"
" My blood, an angel feather, tears of a dragon, a pinch of the sands of time- I-I would need those and... at least a week for my soul to recharge, but, yes, it's possible." I looked at my brothers,
" You tapped the power of your soul to get here? I thought only angels could do that."
" You should know this. What level are you two?" Huh?
Dean said" What level?"
" Level of knowledge. You're men of letters, correct?"
" I'm a little rusty on my boy bands. Men of what?"
" Men of letters, like your father, who taught you our ways."
Sam said" Our father taught us how to be hunters." Henry laughed,
" You're not. Are you? Hunters? Well, hunters are... hunters are apes. You're supposed to- You're legacies."
Dean said" Legacies of what?"