Chapter 62

We burned Charlie's body,
Sam said" Charlie... we're gonna miss you. You were the best. And I'm so sorry-"
Dean said" Shut up. You got her killed. You don't get to apologize."
" We were trying to help you."
" I didn't need help. I told you to leave it alone."
" What was I supposed to do, just... watch you die?"
" The mark isn't gonna kill me."
" Maybe not, but... when it's done with you, you won't be you anymore. Dean, you're all we've got. So, of course, I was gonna fight for you, because that's what we do. Listen, I had a shot-"
" Yeah, you had a shot. Charlie's dead. Nice shot."
" You think I... You think I'm ever... gonna forgive myself for that?"
" You want to know what I think? I think it should be you up there- Not her." My eyes glowed, black smoke circled my hands," This thing with Cas and the book ends now. Shut it down before somebody else gets hurt, you understand me?"
" What about you?"
" Oh, I'm gonna find whoever did this, and I'm gonna rip apart everything and everyone that they've ever loved, and then I'm gonna tear out their heart."
" Is that you talking or the mark?"
" Does it matter?" He walked away, Sam watched him walk, I looked at Sam then to where Dean was walking.
I screamed" Why would anyone want to be apart of this family?! One second you'd die for each other, one second you want to kill each other!" I breathed heavily, black smoke circled me, then spread out, I grit my teeth." I hate you! I hate Dean! I hate all of you! I'd rather be in hell than with you! You're both stupid, assholes who fuckin' deserve each other because you both can't stand to be alone!" Anger filled me, then... then I just screamed, the clouds turned to storms, black smoke spread farther than ever. The wind picked up extremely, blood poured out of my nose, eyes, mouth and ears. Then the power was out of my control, I was levitated, then slammed back into the ground, I screamed in pain. Then it all reined back in, the storm stopped, the wind stopped, the black smoke disappeared. I slowly sat up, Sam was staring at me, I could see a little fear in his eyes," Good. You should be scared of me."
He said" I'm not scared of you."
" There's fear in your eyes, Sammy."
" I'm scared for you. You're pissed, powered up, but... you're scared too. Scared to lose me... scared to lose Dean, it's your worst fear, actually. Losing us."
" Shut up."
" Which is why I lied to you."
" I hate you!"
" No, you don't."
" Yes, I do!"
" No, you don't, River. You can't. No matter what we do, no matter how bad it is... you can't hate us. You can act it all you want, but the second we need you, you're gonna be right there."
" No! Not anymore! I'm done!"
" Go back to the bunker, River. Stay there." He walked away from me, I breathed heavily, then teleported...

I appeared in my room at the bunker, I sighed then screamed, kicking at the desks and dresser. Anger fueled me, I was too angry to stop now.
———
I heard the door bust down, I froze,
I heard a man say" Hello?! Anybody in here?!" I pressed myself into the wall, and listened," All right, then. Take whatever looks interesting. And burn the rest." I squeezed my eyes shut, really tuning in to them, three men, two guns. I gulped then ran to my room, I slid in and closed the door, locking it. I grabbed my phone and called Sam, he didn't pick up, I gulped then pressed Dean's number, answer... answer, I don't know what to do! He didn't answer... I let out a steady breathe, let's kill them! Come on! They'll kill you if they find you! You know who it is! The Styne family! They killed Charlie! They deserve it! I gulped, shaking my head, Oh, River! Man up! You can take them! Let me take over! Then I heard someone walk past my room, I covered my mouth.

I heard them getting stuff, I gulped, then let my eyes glow, I breathed out, then let the bad take over.

I teleported into the library, I saw Dean, bloody, I don't want to know.
The man said" Want to know how I did her? It's a kind of funny story."
Dean said" Shut up."
" Straight to it then? I respect that. See, you got lucky before. This time, I'm sporting some new upgrades. See, my old man-"
" Your old man's dead. They're all dead. So you can save me the speech on the, uh... three hearts, the two spleens, the seven nipples, for the ladies, or the fellas. I don't judge. But even with all that, you still only have one brain."
" So?" Dean shot him, I kept my distance, that's not Dean... not my Dean. He pointed the gun to the kid,
The kid said" No, no, no, no, no! Don't! Don't."
" Why not? You're one of them."
" No. No, I'm not, okay? I hate my family. See? Look, no stitches. I'm not like them, I promise."
" Oh, you are like them. There's bad in you. It's in your blood. Now, you can deny it, and you can run from it all you want, but that bad... will always win." He walked up to the kid,
" I'll do anything you want, okay? Please. You don't need to do this. Please."
" Yeah. I do." Then he shot him. Cas came in,
He said" Dean. What have you done?" Cas walked to the kid," You killed him."
" I took down a monster because that's what I do. And I will continue to do that until..."
" Until you become the monster."
" You can leave now, Cas."
" No, I can't, because I'm your friend."
" Really? Well, let me ask you something- you screw over all your friends?"
" Sam and I were trying to cure you. We still are."
" Like hell."
" We can read the book now."
" Oh, so, what? So, you might find a spell that might take this crap off my arm? Well, even if you do, what's it gonna cost? 'Cause magic like that does not come free. No, it comes with a price that you pay in blood. So, thanks, but I'm good." Cas grabbed Dean's shoulder,
" No! You're not. Maybe you could fight the mark for years, maybe centuries, like Cain did, but you cannot fight it forever. And when you finally turn- and you will turn- Sam... and everyone you know, everyone you love- they could be long dead. Everyone except me. I'm the one who will have to watch you murder the world, so if there's even a small chance that we can save you, I won't let you walk out of this room. Oh, you think you have a choice. I think the mark is changing you."
" You're wrong."
" Am I?" I teleported to my room, letting the bad go for now, I crashed onto my bed, coughing. Everything went black-