Chapter 35

We were in Stillwater, Minnesota. Technically, the only reason I'm here is because Sam gave me $20 bucks, and 10 packs of pop rocks.

They've been working the case all day, now they're back at the motel room.
Dean said" All right, so, we got what appears to be Wayne McNut's hair and... a bag full of weird."
Sam said" In Romanichal culture, the pouch is called a putsi bag. It's used for hexes."
" Okay, so, what? Mala's putting hexes on hubby's competition? I mean, what do we got ourselves? A Thinner sitch here."
" Slim Jim might not even know."
" Hm." Then there was a knock at the door, I got bored, my phone and earbuds came to me. I put in my earbuds and walked to the bathroom, I closed the door and sat against the wall.

I sent a ball of black smoke out to check if whoever was gone, I took out an earbud,
Sam said" Safe, Riv." I stood up and walked out, walking to the bed Sam picked. I laid down, I stared at the ceiling, then black smoke made a circus on the ceiling.
———
There was another weird kill, I was doing flips as I heard the door open, I saw Dean. I stared at him for a split second before going back to doing flips.
I said" Where's Sam?"
Dean said" That's all you're gonna ask?" I did a flip,
" Where's Sam?"
" Morgue. What's going on with you, circus boy?" I stayed silent, going back to doing flips," You can't ignore me, River. It's hardwired into your little head to not ignore me."
" When's Sam gonna be back?"
" In a little while. Whatever I did, I need to know." I stopped flipping, black smoke circled my legs,
" You abandoned me!"
" I left you with Sam, that's not abandoning."
" Yea, it is! You don't tell me where you're goin', when you'd be back, if you'd be back! You abandoned me!"
" I did it for your own good."
" You ask Sam how those weeks were for me? Because it definitely wasn't good! You left us, Sam was sick! I was scared! I get it, I'm a big kid now, I survived a whole year alone... but-but-but I don't wanna be alone! I'm tired of your stupid fighting! I'm tired of the lying!"
" Hey, us fighting ain't got nothing to do with you."
" Yeah, until I become the middle ground! Until one of you makes me choose! And that's not fair to me!" 
" River-"
" No! You can't expect me to just forgive you all the time! That's not how family works! I'm pretty damn sure we're being held together by a string! Just leave me alone!" I sniffled, then wiped the tears off my face," 'Cause I'm better off alone, anyways."
" No, you're not. You hear me? You suck at taking care of yourself, you're a child, you need us."
" What us? I'm not anyone's machine, I'm not anyone's weapon! I thought I had brothers... Guess I was wrong for only wanting to be like my brothers." I walked into the bathroom, I squeezed my eyes shut as the black smoke swirled around me.

I heard Sam come in,
He said" Hey."
Dean said" Find anything at the morgue?"
" Yeah. Uh, so, Wayne was banged up pretty bad. But on the back of his neck, just below his hairline... suction mark- Identical to Carol's."
" Okay, so, they both had marks, just like the hot trainer at Rollz."
" But she was skinny... and alive."
" And just recently lost a ton of weight. When I asked her about the mark, she, uh- she clammed up, got all embarrassed. So, uh, I did some checking. And it turns out that she took a couple of me days last month, and, uh, sent here." I walked out of the bathroom, where I've been holed up since I exploded.
" Canyon Valley?"
" Hm. Yeah." Dean played a video, I didn't pay attention, I didn't care.
" How far away is that place?"
" A couple hours."

They made sure I was set up then left me, I gulped, watching them drive away, before closing the curtain.
I mumbled" Typical." Then the pain hit me," No, no, no!" I screamed, covering my mouth quickly, I dropped and writhed on the ground.
———
My phone rang, I breathed heavily then heaved myself up from the toilet, I walked to my phone and answered.
Sam said" Hey, River. Teleport to me, all right?" I was shivering, my lip was blue, I gulped," Riv, you there?"
I said" Uh-huh." I brought my bag to me, putting it on then hung up. I teleported against my better judgement-

I appeared next to Sam, my eyes flickered as I sneezed, Sam looked at me concerned for a split second before focusing back on the case.

The woman was a Pishtaco, some Peru-based monster.
She said" I brought Alonso here from Peru to show him a better way, a more civilized way. One where we weren't monsters. That the secret to coexisting with humans was just... eating enough to get by."
Sam said" Let me guess. Alonso wasn't a big fan of portion control, was he?"
" No. During a routine treatment, he almost killed a client. He sucked out too much fat. I demoted him to kitchen duty- No human contact, just fat from a jar. But he said the more I deprived him, the hungrier he got. And now three people are dead. My husband..." She sobbed,
" Where's Alonso right now?"
" The-The basement? That's-That's where he spends most of his time now."
" What about her?"
Dean said" Well, till we figure out which side she's on, she stays put."
She said" I am on your side."
Sam said" Okay. Then how do we kill him?"

I was watching the woman, my glowing eyes were fixed on her.
She said" I would never kill anyone."
I said" Shut up."
" What are you?"
" A demonically charged being."
" A... what?"
" A demonic human. Shut up. I'm not supposed to talk to you."

Sam and Dean killed the monster, I was in the car waiting for them to come back. 

We were back at the bunker, I was in my room, I'm over this... so over it. I don't understand them anymore! And-And I don't know what I did wrong! I'm tired of it...