Chapter 52

I walked into the library, eating an apple as I watched a circus play around me.
Sam said" You want some alone time with that thing?"
Dean said" Mnh. No, no. Wait."
" You sure?"
" Yeah. Yeah. Watch this." Dean laughed at some Stooge scene, I smelled grilled cheese, I crouched down, and picked up a piece of the food. It met resistance, I smiled as I stood up, Dean was holding the piece of grilled cheese.
I said" Share?"
" Come watch this."
" I'd rather starve." I walked away, and leaned against the wall,
Sam said" You'll never get him to like these guys."
Dean said" I can try. They're hilarious."
" He likes gory stuff, he's not much into comedy."
" He's full of angst."
I said" No, I'm not! I just like something called color!" Sam chuckled, I bit into my apple, peeking around the corner. Both of my brothers were looking at me, I smiled innocently,
" Innocent my ass, aren't you supposed to be on bedrest?"
" Bedrest is boring and I want chaos!" Books zoomed around the room,
Sam said" Put them back, River." I grumbled, but put the books back in their spots." The urge'll go away soon. It did last time, remember?"
" I know!" I walked to a chair and sat down, putting my head in my arms, closing my eyes." I'm not sleeping, by the way."
" Figured."
———
Dean said" This is why you called us? This is your emergency?"
Cas said" Yes."
" No, Cas. An emergency is a dead body, okay? Or-Or-Or a wigged out angel or the apocalypse, take 3. Some chick bolting on you is not an emergency. That's... That's every Friday night for Sam."
Sam said" Dude."
" Well..."
Cas said" This isn't just some chick. I'm responsible for her."
" Since when? You met her once- How many years ago?"
Sam said" Look, Cas, even if we do find Claire, then what?"
" She rolled you and then she ran, okay? It's pretty clear that she doesn't wanna play house."
Cas said" I understand, but I need to know that Claire is safe, and I need your help."
Sam said" All right. Uh... why don't we go ask around at the group home?"
Dean said" Uh, you know what? We're gonna stick here in case she circles back. You go ahead." He gave the keys to Sam,
Cas said" Thank you."

Cas said" Is ketchup a vegetable?"
Dean said" Hell, yes. All right, so spill. What's with the family reunion?"
" I don't know. Just been... thinking about people." Dean switched the plates, to get the burger," I've helped some, but I've-I've hurt some."
" So you're having a midlife crisis."
" Well, I'm extremely old. I think I'm entitled."
" Cas, listen to me. There's some stuff you just gotta let go. Okay? The people you let down, the ones you can't save... you gotta forget about 'em, for your own good."
" Is that what you do?"
" That's the opposite of what I do. But... I ain't exactly a role model." I munched on fries, zoning out of their conversation, I haven't slept in a while. It's starting to get to me now. I need to kickstart a zoomies, maybe that'll boost my energy up a few levels. How do I do that? Can I do that? Is that possible? Shit. Let's cause chaos! No! Bad voice! Go away! My eyes started flickering, as I dug my fingernails into the palms of my hands. Subduing the bad voice for a little while, at least.

Cas said" Yes, you are. And you're gonna tell me where Claire Novak is." He had Dustin Tate pinned to the wall, and slid him up the wall, choking him." Now."
Dean said" I'd do what he says."

We heard Cas say" Claire, wait!" We looked to them,
Claire said" Screw you."
Dean said" Whoa. Hey, Mily Cyrus, settle."
" Eat me, Hasselhoff."
Sam said" Claire, hold on a second. Look, my name's-"
" Sam. And you're Dean and River. We've met, remember?"
Cas said" Claire. You were going to rob that convenience store?"
" So?"
" So? So... it's... wrong."
" You wanna talk to me about wrong? You killed my dad. Is that wrong enough for you?"
" No, I didn't."
" Really? Because without you, he'd still be here, and my mom would still be around."
" Claire, I'm..." She pointed a gun at him,
" Don't!"
" That won't hurt me."
" Fine." She pointed it at us,
Dean said" Whoa! Hey, come on."
Sam said" Hold on a second."
She said" Why? Like you don't have it coming? You stood there while this monster took my dad. I used to pray to you, Castiel. Every night. I would beg you to being him home safe."
" I know."
" You know... my father was a good man. In a messed up world does he have to die and you get to live?"
" I'm sorry."
" No. You feel guilty. There's a difference."
Sam said" So what, now you run back to Randy, the guy you steal for?"
" How do you know about that?"
Dean said" Dustin."
Cas said" Claire. That man is using you."
Claire said" He was there for me. When things got bad- and they got real damn bad- he was there when no one else was. He's my family, and you're just... you can go to hell." She walked away.

I was in the impala, my eyes drifted shut, I shook my head, sitting up, I groaned, They left you alone! Let's cause chaos! I whined at the voice, I hated that voice, I needed to get rid of that voice.
I said" No! No chaos! We're good." No, we're not! We've probably got more blood on our hands than our brothers! I gulped then covered my ears, I breathed heavily, the ground rumbled beneath me. I screamed" No!" Black smoke circled me, then I went atomic, the voice went away. I breathed heavily, slumping against the seat, my eyes faded back to normal. I'm okay, I'm okay...

Cas knocked on the door, a guy opened it and Cas blasted him back. We walked in,
Sam said" Don't."
Dean said" Back it up."
Cas said" Where's the girl?" Then we heard Claire screaming, Cas went to go get her.

They walked back down,
She said" Randy."
Dean said" Get her outta here." Cas and Claire walked out,
Sam said" Yeah. Go." Sam and I backed up to the door,
" Go." Sam and I followed behind Cas and Claire.

Cas put Claire in the car, and got in with her. Sam and I got in,
Cas said" Are you okay?"
She said" Yeah." And hugged him, then I heard shouting and punches from inside the house. My eyes flickered as I scrambled out of the driver door, Sam got out too.

We ran in and Dean was surrounded by bodies, Claire screamed, Cas grabbed her. Dean was on his knees, a little bloody, I gulped,
Sam said" Dean? Dean. Hey." He walked to him, getting down and grabbed his face," Tell me you had to do this."
Dean said" I-I didn't- I didn't mean to."
" No. Tell me it was them or you!" Cas walked out with Claire, I looked at my brothers... we just got Dean back!