Chapter 42

I was bouncing around my room, hyperactive and chaotic, everything was spinning around as I jumped on my bed. My door opened,
I heard Dean said" What... Nope. River!" I looked at him," Zoomies?" Stuff flung at him, he dodged," Okay!" He closed the door, I laughed and continued jumping around.

Someone knocked on my door,
I heard Sam say" Riv? You alive in there? We gotta head out." He opened the door, and saw me sitting criss-cross in the middle of the mess." Hey, buddy, you okay? Dean said you had the zoomies and I can deal with you." He turned on my light," Whoa, hurricane?" I nodded my head," You up for a case or do you want to stay here?"
I mumbled" No alone."
" You look wrecked, Riv, you should probably get some sleep."
" What's sleep?" He sighed then walked to me, lifting me up over his shoulder and grabbing my bag.
" Okay, let's go, Delusional."

We were at Cas' base, the case was an angel kill,
A woman said" Commander."
Dean said" Oh, it's just creepy."
Cas said" Sam, Dean, River, this is Hannah."
She said" The Winchesters- I've heard so much about you."
Dean said" What can I say? Cas is a fan."
An angel said" I'll start to examine this evidence."
Sam said" Y- Oh, um..."
Hannah said" Sir, this morning, Josiah wasn't at roll call."
" Uh, roll call? You hold, uh, roll call?"
Cas said" They like to hear me say their names."
Dean said" I know a couple of women like that."
Hannah said" No one's seen Josiah since Ezra was murdered. We think that-"
Sam said" You think Josiah's the killer, that he is the mole?"
" Well, who else? We searched the grounds, but he's vanished."
Dean said" Not without wings. He's an angel, but he's still got to travel like he's a human, which means walk, drive- means he's gonna leave a trail."
Sam said" All right. What was his vessel's name?"
Cas said" Sean Flynn from Omaha."
" Okay. This the guy?" He showed them the screen,
" Yeah, that's him."
" All right. Looks like someone just used his credit card at a gas n sip in Colorado."
Dean said" And that's how we do things in the pros."
An angel said" Commander. I have something." We walked over to him, and looked at the screen," This phone's memory chip has a video time stamped just before the explosion." He played the video, once it ended, it was mildly concerning.
" What the hell was that?"
Cas said" I don't know. I didn't- I would never ask an angel to sacrifice himself to kill innocents. I'm gonna be sick."
Sam said" Cas, why would an angel blow up a Colonel Scoop's in your name?"
Hannah said" That's not what he was doing. Roll it back. There. That was an angel- Esther. She's one of Metatron's."
" So, this was some kind of hit?"
Cas said" I don't know."
Dean said" Stop saying you don't know."
" You can't think I would allow something like this."
" Cas, I know you try to be a good guy, okay? I do. You try. But what you got here, this is a freakin' cult."
" Dean."
" And the last time you had this kind of juice, you did kill humans and angels, and you nothing but lie to me and Sam about it the whole damn time!"
Sam said" Can we, uh- Can we take this somewhere else, guys?"

We walked into the office,
Sam said" Will you stow the baggage, Dean. Look, we've got a case. Let's work it. Cas, did you know the angel in that video?"
Cas said" Yes. His name was Oren. He was a new recruit. He worked in community outreach."
Dean said" And what does that mean?"
" Some of my troops are stationed at a local hospital. They help where they can. Minor miracles- It's nothing that would draw attention."
Sam said" So, what was he doing in that video, with the stabbing?"
" The enochian runes that were carved in his chest- I... I think that they were meant to focus energy. When he stabbed himself, it unleashed all that power."
" So, what about the girl? What happened to her?"
" If she was the target, if the blast was focused on her, then more likely then not, she-she was atomized. So, what do we do now?"
Dean said" Well, you don't do jack. Me and Sam will head to the hospital, see if we can find somebody who knew this... walking nuke."
" Hold on. These are my people. I can help."
" Well, that's sort of the problem. I mean, the manson girls aren't gonna give us a straight answer with charlie in the room, so just hang back."
" So, I should just sit here?"
" Pretty much."
" No. If you don't want my help, then I will follow Josiah's trail to Colorado. I have to do something, Dean."
" All right, fine. But Sam's coming with you."
Sam said" What?"
Cas said" Because you don't trust me?"
Dean said" To help."