Chapter 20

I was doing flips off my bed, my eyes glowed as black smoke circled around me, I growled then closed my hands. The black smoke disappeared, I wiped my nose, and saw blood on my hand. I walked to the mirror, and looked at the bags under my eyes, I haven't slept... and the only reason I eat is because Dean threatens to shove the food down my throat if I don't. But he doesn't make me eat much anyways, because he made me eat a burger and I puked it up within 10 minutes. So I've been living off apples and chips and water and juice.

We were looking through Kevin's notes, he sent an email, he was dead.
Sam said" There it is again, every time."
Dean said" Hmm?"
" This symbol- I know it. Now, Kevin has it down as-as sort of like a signature for the scribe of god. It appears every time Metatron makes one of his, uh, like editor's notes."
" Okay."
" But I think I've seen it before. I mean, it was a long time ago. It was one of my, uh, humanities courses at Stanford."
" They taught word of god at Stanford?"
" No, uh... it was an overview of Native American art. I think it's a petroglyph."
" A petro-what, now?"

Sam put down a book,
He said" This one belonged to a tiny tribe in Colorado, more of a-a clan, really. It says here they held onto their scrap of mountains when all the other tribes fell to the white man. Uh, so this glyph was a territorial marker. Closest translation- messenger of god. Messenger of god. Messenger of god. Dean, we have to go there."
Dean said" On that hunch? You can barely function."
" I'm only gonna get worse. I mean, until I get back to the real job, until we find the third trial- we're out of prophets! We're not gonna figure out what Kevin couldn't! I say we go to this messenger of god who wrote it in the first place!"
" And you think that this Metatron is hiding out in the mountains with a bunch of Indians?"
" Yeah. Yeah, I do. You're not- You're not really supposed to say Indians. It's... we should go." He walked away,
" You are delirious." He looked back at me,
I said" Guess I'm stuck here again?" He sighed,
" I'm gonna put this in a way that won't cause anymore childhood trauma, given you're racking up in the billions... Sam needs my help right now, you see him, you know it, and you are safest here, because these little powers of yours have gotten way out of control. At least here, you are in a slightly-stable environment and can't hurt yourself too bad."
" Nice way of saying I'm on lockdown till further notice."
" I'll call if I really need backup, all right?"
" Okay." He ruffled my hair and walked away, I sighed then put my head in my hands. Dean has to take care of Sammy right now, I'm still important, but these trials are kicking Sam's ass. And I've seen a lot happen to him, and nothing's ever gotten to him this bad. It's scaring me.
———
My head slumped a little, my brain fizzled, my eyes glowed, I got sick to my stomach. I ran to the trash bin and hurled into it, on my knees, I slid further down and held onto the bin. I whimpered, then sneezed, starting to cough, black smoke swirled around me.
I croaked" Stop! Stop!" I coughed, then shivered, I got up, wobbling a little, then stumbled to the mirror. I saw my lips turning blue, I sneezed then ran to Dean's room.

I slid into his room, falling onto his bed, I grabbed a flannel from the chair and tugged it on. I ran to my room, sliding in too, and grabbed one of my long sleeves, I took off Dean's flannel and pulled the long sleeve on, then I pulled on Dean's flannel, it buttoned itself and I breathed heavily as I slumped against the wall. I need my brothers... I need my... I need my brothers, I need De and Sammy.

I appeared behind Dean, I gripped at the back of his jacket. I saw a man, that must be Metatron
Sam said" All the time you've been hiding here, how much suffering have you red over? Humanity's suffering." The man had a gun, Sam had the barrel to his chest." And how much of it has been at the hands of your kind?!" Dean pulled Sam back,
He said" Okay. Hey, hey. You want a story? Try Kevin Tran's story. He was just a kid. He was a good, straight-A kid and then he got sucked in to all of this-this angel crap and became a prophet of the word of god- Your prophet. And you should have been looking out for him, but no! Instead, you're here, holed up, reading books."
" He's dead now because of you."

Metatron brought Kevin back,
Dean said" Is that it? Is he good?"
Metatron said" Give him a minute." He walked away, Dean followed him, I stood by Sam. He looked worse. Kevin was waking up,
Sam said" Dean? Dean?!" Dean came back in,
Dean said" Kevin? Hey. We thought we lost you, kiddo."
Kevin said" I'm good." He pulled out the half of the tablet," Second half of the tablet, and I got it. Third trial. I didn't tell Crowley."
Sam said" So what is it?"
Metatron said" To cure a demon."
Kev said" Yeah. Who are you?"

Dean said" Cure a demon? Okay, ignoring the fact that I have no idea what that actually means, if we-if we do this, you get better, right? I mean, you'll stop trying to up a lung and-and-and bumping into furniture?"
Sam said" I feel better, yeah, uh, just having a direction to move in."
" Well, good, 'cause where we're headed doesn't sound like a picnic."
" But we're heading somewhere. The end." Then Dean swerved to a stop as we saw a body in the road, one that resembled Cas. What'd he do now? They got out, I hung out the door,
" Cas?!"
Cas sad" A little help here." I looked at my brothers.