Chapter 32

We burned Kevin's body, Dean's in the library, I'm pretty sure he's destroyed something by now. I let the black smoke travel up my arm,
I mumbled" Gotta get the angel out of Sam without killing Sam.... Gotta get the angel out of Sam without killing Sammy... gotta... just figure that out."
———
I was outside the dungeon, I saw Cas and Dean go in there,
Crowley said" I told him to run."
Dean sad" From what?"
" You. How many time am I gonna have to say this? People in your general vicinity don't have much in the way of a life-span. Now, I can't teach you how to crack open an angel. It's more... art than science. But I can do it for you. All I ask in return is a little field trip. Dying for some fresh air. Chains on, naturally."
" No."
" No? Of course not. Because if I'm plan A, I'm sure you have a totally viable, much better plan B."
Cas said" You can't be considering this."
Dean said" With the chains on, he can't do anything."
" It's Crowley. He can always do something."
Crowley said" Looks like we need a tiebreaker. Go get Moose, Squirrel. Unless... Unless, of course, you can't. That's why you're here, isn't it? The poor giant baby's in trouble again, isn't he?"
Dean said" Are you done?"
" Depends. Do we have a deal?"
" Yeah."
" Excellent. When do we leave?"
" Soon as I can scrounge up a ride."
Cas said" Well, I have a vehicle. It stopped a few miles from here, inexplicably."

We walked up to a car,
Crowley said" Really? What are you, a pimp?"
Cas said" I like it." Dean reached in and cranked it, the engine sputtered,
He said" Yeah, it's out of gas."
Crowley said" Riddle me this, boy wonder. Why do you need the wheels?"
Cas said" When you betray us, I'll be the one to carve out your heart."
" Oh, Cas, such a flirt."
Dean said" All right. Let's go."
" Shotgun."
" Uh, wrong. You're in the back. Hey- You, too. Keep an eye on him." I slid past Cas and got into the passenger, Crowley and Cas got into the backseat.
" Watch the leg."
Cas said" You're on my side."
Dean said" Hey! Hey! Hey!" He cranked it and we started moving, terrible hiphop played, I stared at the radio, my eyes glowing, it went out.
———
Crowley's informant found the impala, now we're breaking into the house it's parked in front of.

Cas, Dean and I walked in, Dean and I found a man with his throat slashed. We heard running water and followed it, we saw the angel,
He said" You should not have come here, Dean, River."
Dean said" You kill my friend, then you take my brother, and you think I'm gonna let that stand?"
" I allowed you to live." Dean held up the angel blade,
" Mistake." We were thrown, I hit the wall-

We had the angel chained down,
Dean said" Welcome to the party, pal. Cas, how we lookin'?"
Cas said" Most of Sam's internal burns have healed. I should be able to fix the rest. What's your name? I thought I knew every angel in heaven, but I've never seen you."
He said" Why would I tell you anything?"
Dean said" Well, I don't give a damn who you are. You need to get out- Now!"
" And if I don't?"
Crowley said" Then you and I will have a lovely little playdate."
" Even bound, I can rip this body apart. Tell them, Castiel."
Dean said" You do, you die."
" You want this to end? Go ahead. Put a blade through your brother's heart. If it makes you feel better, I have Sam locked away in a dream. As far as he knows, the three of you are working a case right now- something with ghouls and cheerleaders."
" Why are you doing this, huh? We fought together. And I trusted you. I thought you were one of the good guys!"
" I am doing what I have to do."
" Well, so am I." Crowley stood up,
He said" So am I." He stuck a pin into the side of his head, he groaned, I squeezed my eyes shut, covering my ears.

I couldn't take it, all I could hear was Sam in pain and I couldn't stand it! Black smoke took over-

I was on the stairs, I pulled my knees to my chest, covering my ears with my hands, and digging my face into my legs. Trying to block out the noise.

I walked back in there, I heard some of the conversation before this, and I don't like it, but we've gotta save Sammy.
Crowley said" I save Sam. I walk out of here a free man. Do we have a deal?"
Dean said" Cas, burn off Sam's tattoo."
Cas said" Dean."
" Do it." Cas took off the tattoo," If you mess with Sam, if you try anything-"
Crowley said" I keep my bargains. Besides, I don't want to be inside your brother any longer than I have to. I'm not one for sloppy seconds." He sat down, Dean unlocked the chains,
" When you find him, say Poughkeepsie. Its our go word. It means drop everything and run."
" Fine. While I'm gone, hands off the suit."
Gadreel said" I will destroy you."
" Eat me." Then Crowley smoked out and went in.
Dean said" A demon and an angel walk into my brother. Sounds like a bad joke."
Cas said" Dean, if this doesn't work..."
" It'll work."

Gadreel was expelled from Sam, then Crowley left, going back into his own body.
Dean said" Sam! Cas?" Cas started pulling the pins out, Dean went for the cuffs.
Crowley said" I'm fine. Thanks for asking."
Cas said" Sam, are you okay?"
Sam said" Cas?" Then I saw headlights, Cas went to look, Dean got the cuffs off.
" It's Abaddon."
Crowley said" Go. The back door. I'll handle this."
Dean said" Oh, 'cause you're such a good guy?"
" Right now, I'm the goodest guy you got."
" This don't make us square. I see you again-" Cas and I started getting Sam out of there,
" Pleasure doing business with you boys, as always."

Cas healed Sam,
Cas said" You feel better?"
Sam said" A little, yeah."
" It'll take time to fully heal you. We'll have to do it in stages."
Dean said" All right. Let me hear it."
Sam said" What do you want me to say- That I'm pissed? Okay. I am. I'm pissed. You lied to me. Again."
" I didn't have a choice."
" I was ready to die, Dean!"
" I know. But I wouldn't let you, because that's not in me."
" So, what? You decide to trick me into being possessed by some... psycho angel?"
" He saved your life."
" So what? I was willing to die. And now... Kevin..."
" No. That is not on you. Kevin's blood is on my hands, and that ain't ever getting clean. I'll burn for that. I will. But I'll find Gadreel. And I will end that son of a bitch. But I'll do it alone."
" What's that supposed to mean?"
" Come on, man. Can't you see? I'm... I'm poison, Sam. People get close to me, they get killed... or worse. You know, I tell myself that I-I-I help more people than I hurt. And I tell myself that I'm-I'm doing it all for the right reasons, and I-I believe that. But I can't- I won't... drag anybody through the muck with me. Not anymore."
" Go. I'm not gonna stop you." Dean took a few steps," But don't go thinking that's the problem, 'cause it's not."
" What's that supposed to mean?"
" Just go." Dean walked to the impala and drove away, no, no! No!