Chapter 41

Dean said" This is the address?"
Sam said" Yeah."

Dean went to knock on the door but it opened,
An angel said" If you'll follow me, the commander will see you now."
Dean whispered" Commander?" We followed the angel in...

What the hell does Cas have set up here? We saw Cas, Cas hugged Dean then Sam, I flashed my eyes at him as he tried to hug me. He looked to the angel,
He said" Dismissed. He can be a little stuffy."
Dean said" So... commander?"
" Yeah, not my idea. They had no leader, and they insisted on following me."
" Yeah. No, we get it. You're a rock star."
" Bartholomew is dead. Malachi was murdered by Gadreel, and with Metatron as powerful as he is now, I needed to do something."
Sam said" So this war between angels is really gonna happen, huh?"
" Not if I can find a diplomatic option for getting rid of Metatron."
Dean said" Good luck with that."
" Dean, this angel on angel violence- It has to end. Someone has to say, enough."
Sam said" And that someone is you?"
" That brings me to why you're here. We have a prisoner. It's an angel from Metatron's inner circle. I need to know what they're planning, but so far, he's revealed nothing."
Dean said" So, you're done with the rough stuff, and you want us to be your goons?"
" Well, you've had success at these situations before. If you don't want to do it, I understand."
" Who says I don't want to do it?"

The angel said" You're wasting your time. I have nothing to say."
Dean said" We disagree."
" There's no use in torturing me. I am a trained commando. It won't work."
" Wow. Well, you just asked me to dance." Dean grabbed the angel's face and held up the angel blade,
Sam said" Dean! Dean!" Dean walked to us,
I said" He won't be telling us anything dead."
" Besides, you know, I'm-I'm really starting to realize that he probably doesn't know anything. He was probably just pretending at the bar. Most likely, he's a nobody. I mean, do the math. Ezra here is one of Metatron's elite posse? Really? One of Metatron's most trusted is, uh- is hanging out at bars, blabbing about the boss. Does that make any sense?"
Dean said" Well, only if Metatron is purposely surrounding himself with losers."
" Exactly! Right?"
" Yeah."
" What's this guy even doing here?"
" He's a wannabe. I mean, if he was a key player, he would be up in heaven with Metatron where all the action is."
" Exactly."
The angel said" What if I'm a decoy? Or in deep cover?" Sam laughed, Dean smiled, nodding,
" Uh, i-it's pathetic."
Dean said" Mm, probably hasn't even been to heaven, not since the fall."
" Of course not!"
Angel said" Yes, I have."
I said" Buddy, the gates are sealed. No one can get in."
" Who said anything about gates? You don't need gates when you have a private portal." Got ya.
Sam said" Right. If there was a doorway on earth, the angels would've sensed it."
Dean said" Yeah, you can't hide something like that."
" No."
Angel said" You can if it moves around from place to place, if it's wherever the boss wants it to be."
" I see. I got it. So, you heard a rumor about Metatron's secret portal, and you decided to run with it."
" It's not a rumor. He showed me."
Dean said" I get it. He's a fan."
Sam said" A fan. Yeah."
" You're a fan. Just 'cause you're hot for Metatron... or Bieber or Beckham... Just 'cause you know everything about them doesn't mean that you actually know them."
" Or that they even know you exist."
" Ooh, that's cold, Sammy."
" I'm just sayin', man." Dean chuckled, this is way too easy.
Angel said" I was interviewed personally by metatron for a key post."
" Yeah? Oh, wow. Well, then-then maybe you can tell me why you weren't at your key post and you were hanging down here instead."
Dean said" Mm. Now, that blows. He got passed over."
" Yeah."
Angel said" I-I was a finalist."
" Oh, man. To get so close and then get kicked downstairs. It sucks to be you." Dean whistled,
" Hardly anybody was chosen! And ground forces is still a very important assignment. It was an honor to have even been considered for the squad."
I said" What squad? There is no squad."
" Yeah, says you. It's a highly guarded secret."
Sam said" Oh."
Dean said" And what would you be doing, exactly?" The angel went to open his mouth but he hesitated," No?"
Sam said" Wait a second. Just, please, uh... clarify this for me. You desperately wanted this job, but you didn't know what it was?"
The angel said" Well, until you were chosen, the exact nature of the mission was kept a secret."
We said" Wow."
" And... hardly anyone was chosen."