Chapter 9

We were at the cabin, Dean did something bad and now Sam's mad at him and Sam's not here! I was spinning around the room, Dean was snoring on the couch, then I saw Cas. I darted past him and ran outside, I slid against the ground and nearly crashed into the car. I sighed then bolted around the car in circles, I've been wired since I woke up from my power surge nap. My eyes glowed, as I jumped around, then I was lifted up, I squirmed immediately.
Dean said" Whoa, Flash, settle down. Cas, wanna zap him?" I glared at Cas, my eyes flashing purple, I laughed and squirmed more.
Cas said" No... he scares me."
" You and me both. Okay, Riv, we gotta head to Nebraska. So, you're gonna be a good kid and stick here, there's enough food to last you a few days."
I said" No way! Going with you!"
" No, I don't want you anywhere near Crowley, especially because of your powers."
" Totally not fair!"
" Well, should I say it?"
" No..." I pouted," Check in?"
" I will."
" Don't be stupid, okay? Even if it's hardwired into your thick brain."
" All right. Stay in the cabin."
" Mmhmm."
" I mean it, Riv."
" Yeah, and I said mmhmm."
" All right." He put me down, looking at me," You even get a word I'm saying?"
" You're going to Nebraska with Cas, it's got something to do with Crowley, I'm being forced to stay here, and you're gonna check in or I punch you a lot when you get back."
" I didn't agree to getting punched."
" I don't care. It gives you motive to get back, my punches hurt now. Wanna see?"
" No. What's got you all wired? You drink coffee or something?"
" Coffee is disgusting! And no! I've been weird... weird?" I laughed," Wired since I woke up from the power surge nap! Can I run a marathon? Do you think I can run as fast as a cheetah?"
" Oh, okay, hot shot. Settle down."

Once they were gone, I sighed then sat down, before my foot started tapping again, I screamed then got up, running around the couch.

It was night, I gulped, then looked at my phone, Dean texted, he was headed back to me. I opened the fridge and pulled out an apple, I ran to the couch and started jumping on it as I ate the apple.
———
Sam said" Okay. That should do it. Cas can't see or hear us now."
Dean said" Okay, what the hell?"
" I know." Something was up with Cas, Dean told me when they got back.
" I told you something was off with him since he got back from Purgatory."
" So, what, you think someone's messing with him or something?"
" Who?"
" Angels?"
" Why would the angels have him kill another angel? You know what, man? I got this. You go."
" What?"
" Don't you have a girl to get back to?"
" Yeah. I guess I do. Um... Since when are you on the Amelia bandwagon?"
" I don't know. I'm just tired of all the fighting. And, you know, maybe I'm a... little bit jealous. I could never separate myself from the job like you could. Hell, maybe it's time for at least one of us to be happy."
" What, you being such a big hugger and all? She does make me happy. And she could be waiting for me if I went back. I'd be a... very lucky man if she was. But now... with everything staring down at us, with all that's left to be done... I don't know." My foot was rapidly tapping, I was staring at it with glowing eyes.
" Huh."
" Yeah."
" Well, I do know that- Whatever you decide... decide. Both feet in or both feet out. Anything in between is what gets you dead."
" Yeah, I keep hearing that. I'm gonna... take a walk. Clear my head." He walked out, I ran to the basement, starting to run up and down the stairs, humming Eye of the Tiger

Sam and Dean were watching boxing, I was still zooming around, Sam held out a bowl. I grabbed the bowl as I zoomed by and smiled as I saw apple slices. I munched on one as I ran down the basement stairs.

I tripped, I screamed as pain tore through my ankle, then I heard running, I looked up the stairs and saw my brothers. I cried out, my foot was lodged between steps, they rushed down to me.
Sam said" Whoa, hey, we've got you." He wrapped his arm around my chest and held on. Dean got to my foot, he touched it, I screamed,
Dean said" Oh, we're not gonna be able to hear for a minute after this one. One... two-" He pulled my foot, I screeched in pain,
" Wow, okay, River, gonna lift you up in three... two..." He lifted me up, I wrapped my legs around his stomach as he carried me up the stairs.

He sat me on the back of the couch as he crouched down to look at my ankle, I was finally tiring out.
He said" It's not broken..."
Dean said" I hear a but."
" Yeah, uh..." He motioned to my foot, Dean looked, then winced,
I said" Stitches?" I went to look down but Dean grabbed my chin so I couldn't, I gulped.
Dean said" Yeah, about 5 of 'em."
" Let me see."
" Mm-mm, nope. You don't need to see that."
" I've seen dead bodies, Dean."
" We can see some of your bone."
" I feel sick."
" Uh-huh. Don't puke, buddy. You're fine, we've got you." I sighed then slumped my head against his arm,
Sam said" All right, got any liquor, I don't want to use beer." Dean nodded, I whimpered as the gash stung, he shushed me and hugged me to keep me still.

Sam was sewing it up, I was crying, trying not to flinch,
Sam said" You're doing a really good job, buddy. I'm almost done, all right." I cried out,
Dean said" You're all right, Riv. We've got you, you're okay, buddy."

I was falling asleep, laid against Dean,
Sam whispered" What got him all wired anyways, did you let him have coffee or something?"
Dean whispered" No, he was wired after his little power surge nap, as we're seeming to call it."
" Why?"
" That's all I got out of him, guess he doesn't know either. It doesn't matter, it's over, and he's falling asleep naturally for once."
" Yeah." I fell asleep.