Chapter 63: It Might Just Happen Again

"There's no way we can find her in this huge city!" Loraine said, being weary. "We should go to the hotel first! And why the hell is this place so hot?!"

"Stop complaining, Loraine, the sun is still out." Ember said as they walked on the sidewalks.

"Do you even remember how she looked like?" Maple asked. "When was the last time you guys met?"

"How can I forget her face? We met about six and a half months ago." He answer. "Ugh, almost half a year!"

* * *

"So, you're not angry, right?" Neel enquired as he showed her his paintings.

"O-of course not!" Rhea answered nervously.

"Or are you awkward about it?"

"DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND BY SAYING JUST ONCE, YOU DEAF-" Rhea thought. "No, no, it's fine." She fanned herself with her hand.

"So we are good friends, right?"

"Yeah, yeah." She smiled but she was just dying of boredom.

"Then may I ask you something?"

"Go on."

"Why did you return to India?"

Rhea choked. No, she wasn't eating or drinking anything. But she still choked. On her saliva? Yes, you can assume that 😂

"A-are you okay??"

"I'm FINE!"

"So tell me,"

"Yes, but promise you won't ask any questions!"

"I won't! I swear!"

"I-I was accused for a murder but it was just an accident."

"What. In. The. World. Seriously??"

"No other questions. I'm leaving."

"Hey come on! Tell me!"

"Get lost! I hate boys! They are always so curious about everything and so nosey!" And with that, she escaped his apartment. It wasn't something pleasant, was it? Such a lame excuse, Rhea.

-Shut up.

Fine.

* * * * *

"We can't just sit here all day and do nothing!" Loraine said.

"You're the one who insisted on coming here." Maple complained. "We were at least doing something outside!"

"Stop it, you guys!" Ember said, lying on the bed with his hand covering his forehead. "I donno what to do!"

"Hey hey, you know we have wasted so much time!" Maple suggested. "Why don't you just call her?!"

"I wish...but I have lost her number...it's no longer in my phone."

"Check twice."

"I've checked for over a thousand times."

"Sabrina deleted her number from your phone." Loraine said with his hands folded.

"You're telling me NOW?!" Ember got up. "And how did she even get my passcode?"

"That girl is very clever. She can do anything."

"I'm so over this! I'm going to look for her." Ember said and ran out of the hotel in the dusk.

* * * * *

"Let me go now!" Rhea cried.

"Eh? Don't act like I've captured you or something. Neel said, being annoyed of Rhea

"Good, then I'm leaving." She said and got up.

"Wait, I wanted to show you something." Neel turned back but she was already gone. He put the drawing sheets back in the drawer and carried on with his day. Meanwhile Rhea roamed around the city finding something to eat. "Geez...that guy is so annoying."

* * * * *

The twilight seemed to disappear and the night grew darker but the lights lit up the city. Ember walked on the footpath, kicking a pebble as he walked. Soon he noticed a sweet shop that looked familiar to him. He walked towards it and entered the shop while rubbing his eyes as an Indian girl, shorter than him passed by him, admiring the packet of sweets in her hand.

She got out and smirked. "Once I find Noor, I'm gonna eat this in front of him. He will beg to me for some and ask for my mercy but I'll show him no mercy. But I need to hide these from Jess first.

She stopped and turned back to have a look at the sweet shop. "Ember would've liked some, I guess." She then looked at the packet of sweets in her hand. "I wish I could meet him one more time. And if it had happened once, it might just happen again."

-to be continued...

Neel Dewan