Chapter 39: True Beauty

"Rhea?" Ember entered the party. "Where are you?!" He started searching all over the place.

"Ember? Would you like to dance with me?" Sabrina arrived and asked him.

"Not now, Sabrina. Did you see Rhea?"

"How can I ? It's none of my concerns."

"Whatever."

* * * * *

"My dress is ruined! I can't stay here longer! I should go back home. Where is Ember?! I need to find him first!" She rushed towards the door and found it locked. She tried to break it open but she failed.

* * * * *

"Just get lost Sabrina! I need to find Rhea!" Ember said.

"You and your Rhea! Don't you have anything else to do? Let her die!" Sabrina gritted her teeth.

"Shut up!" Ember went to find her.

* * * * *

"Ember! Where are you? Save me!" Rhea shouted from inside the washroom, banging the door.

* * * * *

Ember rushed out to search Rhea in the corridors, rooms, elevator, and many more places. Soon he discovered one washroom that is locked. He went near it and heard someone crying inside.

"Rhea? Are you there?" He asked.

Rhea heard his voice and said, "Ember! Yes yes! I'm here! Help me!"

Ember looked for a wrench and broke the lock on the door.

He entered the washroom. "Rhea?!"

"Ember!" Rhea rushed towards him and hugged him tightly.

"Rhea, are you alright?!" She didn't reply and started crying. He patted her head and looked at her messed up makeup. "Why do you smell like wine? I thought you don't drink."

"I don't. Sabrina threw it on my dress. That's why I came to clean it here."

"That Sabrina again? Ugh I shouldn't have left you alone at the party!"

"It's alright...Ember?"

"Hmm?" He said, sadly.

"I want to go home. Please take me home!"

"You can't go like this. You have to change first and also take a shower. If you go home smelling like this, then it will surely be over between us."

"Over between us?"

"N-nothing. You come to my room." He took her to his room. "Use my shower. I'm bringing you clothes." He turned back to the door but Rhea held his arm.

"Please don't take too long."

He kissed her forehead. "Of course I won't. And no one else can enter this room. So don't you worry your pretty little mind." He gently pinched her nose.

"Uwa!" Rhea laughed.

* * * * *

"Rhea, I'm back-" Ember came back to his room with clothes and found Rhea sleeping on his bed with a towel on. He sat down beside her and caressed her hair.

"I feel nostalgic..." He said to himself. "Rhea, wake up! I don't want you to wake up but please wake up! You can't be in front of me like this! I feel like a pervert now! Rhea!"

She opened her eyes and saw Ember in front of her. She snatched the clothes from him and rushed towards the bathroom. Ember blushed.

"Ember?" She came out, wearing the dress. "Where did you get this dress from?"

"It's Helberg Mansion. Anything is possible here." He smirked.

"You! Don't act so over smart!" She chuckled and threw a pillow on him. But he dodged and she fell on him. He starred at her.

"You are prettier without makeup. Makeup just hides your true beauty." he smiled as she blushed.

-to be continued...

Ember: Nothing will ever happen to you as long as I'm with you, Rhea