Chapter 6: It's Gonna Be A Great Journey

"Good morning mom and dad." Arorhea said as she entered the kitchen.

"Good morning dear." Both of Rhea's parents wished her back.

"Huh! As if I'm dead." Noor averted his eyes😒

"Hah you ARE!" Rhea said sarcastically to tease Noor.

"Oh stop it you two!" Mrs. Laghari said, completely exhausted by them.

"Yeah yeah😒" Rhea averted her eyes and sat down on the dining chair, in fronts of her dad, who was reading the daily newspaper. Mrs. Laghari served them their breakfast.

"So . . .I have something important to tell you all." Mr. Laghari said as he sipped his morning tea. "I got promoted."

"Does that means ee have to shift?" Rhea's mom spoke and Rhea froze.

"What happened Rhea? Is something wrong?" Her dad asked, leaving his newspaper aside.

"My . . .my painting completion is . . ." Rhea paused.

"Oh! I completely forgot about that. I'm so sorry dear." Her dad apologized.

"Where are we shifting to, dad?" Noor asked.

"L.A."

Rhea stood up with her hands on the table. "Mean to say . . .LOS ANGELES?!"

"Y-yes."

"But L.A. is where my painting competition will be held!" Rhea said excitedly.

"Kyaaa?!" Noor shouted and threw up tea from his mouth.
[Tn//kya: 'what' in hindi]

"Geez Noor😑gross." Rhea said.

"Noor! What have you done?! Clean it!" Mrs. Laghari scolded Noor.

"Sorry maa!"
[Tn//maa: 'mother' in Indian languages]

"Clean it or you're grounded!"

"Ahh!"

"For two months."

"UWA."

"3."

"You can't do this to me!"

"4."

"But-"

"5. Final."

"Okay FINE!😣" Noor said and went out of the kitchen to bring a cloth to clean the mess.

"So . . ."

"I can't believe this!" Rhea said in joy. "We're going to L.A.!"

"When are we going?" Mrs. Laghari asked her husband.

"Next week."

"Wha-!" She spoke in surprise. "So soon?! We better start packing already." She said and went to their room to start packing. Noor entered the kitchen with a wet cloth.

"Something tells me . . .it's gonna be s great journey." Rhea said to herself.

"*grrrrrrrrrrr*"😾 Noor said, cleaning the tea stain off the ground.

* * * * *

"Ember, dear!" Aed said. "Your father agreed for a trip to India! Start packing, we're going next week."

"It's gonna be a great journey."

-to be continued...

Arorhea