Chapter 38 : Lies

Ember took Rhea to a room and pressed the doorbell.

"Welcome dear, please come in." Aed smiled.

"This is my sweet mom." Ember introduced her.

"Hello Aunty, nice to meet you." Rhea smiled. Aed smiled unwantedly, listening to Rhea's words.

"Hi. So, you're Rhea, right?" She smiled as Rhea nodded.

They sat on the couch and some maids served them milkshakes.

"Rhea, make yourself at home." Ember said.

"As if I can." She replied and Aed laughed. "Is this whole floor all to yourself?"

"Yes." Aed nodded. "Ember, why don't you take her to the theatre already?" Aed suggested."I'll be getting ready now. You can go right away." Ember nodded and took her to the theatre.

"Wow, it's HUGE!" Rhea exclaimed.

"Haha, yeah. Let's go to our seats. We have the front row all to ourselves." Ember said.

"Amazing!" Ember took her to their seats and they sat in the two corner seats. Suddenly someone came and sat beside him.

"Hello dear, missed me?" She smirked.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, bit annoyed.

"I came to watch the film with you." Sabrina smiled. "Now stop talking. It's starting."

Ember looked at Rhea and she quickly turned to the screen in front of them. He took out his phone and texted his mom. After a few minutes, Sabrina's phone rang.

"Oh hello daddy. You're here?" Sabrina picked up the phone and everyone present at the hall glared at her. "Yes, I'm coming." She hanged up. "Ember, see you at the party." She whispered to him. She got up and walked out of the hall.

"Ah!" Rhea screamed.

"What happened Rhea?" Ember asked.

"Oh my gosh! I stepped on your foot!" Sabrina said, sarcastically "I didn't mean to!"

"It's okay." Rhea forgave her and she left.

"Rhea...why did you-"

"It's okay Ember." She smiled.

At the party:

"Rhea. Wait for me here. I have to talk to my father." Ember left.

"Okay, be back soon!" She started roaming around.

"Oh Rhea!" Sabrina arrived in front of her with two drinks in her hand. "For you." She handed Rhea one of them.

"Sorry, I don't drink."

"It's okay. It contains- I mean it doesn't contains Alcohol."

"But still..." She denied and Sabrina threw it on her dress.

"Oh my god, I'm so so- Wait! I'll take you to the Washroom." She held her hand and took her to the washroom. "You can wash your dress. I'm waiting outside." Sabrina said.

"Um...okay." Rhea nodded. Sabrina went out and locked the door from outside.

"People like you don't suit here, you slut!" Sabrina said to herself. "And don't think that we'll ever be friends because you don't deserve to be in a place like this. Your standard doesn't match with me nor even with Ember. Ember? No don't even think about him. He's mine! I'll make sure that Ember hate you! Because you don't deserve to be happy! You destroyed my life! I'll be your worst nightmare!" Sabrina smirked and went back to the ball.

* * * * *

"Dad?" Ember entered his dad's cabin.

"Oh, I'll be there in a sec." He said, without lifting his head and continued reading the files. "Tell you mom-"

"I'm not here for that." He said and Mr. Helberg looked up to face him.

"Yes?"

"Why is Sabrina here?"

"Of course she must be here. She's the model after all."

"Okay, but why did you give her the front row seat?!"

"She insisted." He looked back into his file.

"Am I your son or she is?!"

"Does it matter? Isn't it obvious that it's you. She's the daughter of my business partner. How can I refuse her?"

"Very well, so you can refuse your own son, isn't it?" He asked asarcastically.

"What do you want?" He lifted up his head again.

"I'm so sick of your business! You use me for your own benefit and don't even do anything for me and don't let me do what makes me happy-"

"Enough Ember!" Ember froze. "I'm doing all this just for you. You have no rights to interfere in my matter."

"Oh! So you have rights to interfere in my matter, huh?"

"Stop this nonsense!"

"Isn't THIS nonsense, how you put Sabrina in my life?!"

"Sabrina is a nice girl. She's perfect for you." Mr. Helberg calmed down.

"Nice? Please!" He rolled his eyes. "If she's nice, then the world is going to end today! But it isn't because BOTH ARE ALL LIES!" Ember went out of the room and slammed the door behind him in anger.

"Ember!"

-to be continued...

"Will you dance with me, Rhea?"~Ember Helberg

~Ember Helberg