Chapter 53: I Don't Wanna Make A Fuse

Ember got up from the couch and realized that he had been sleeping on Rhea's lap the whole night after the Christmas tree was done with the decoration. He stared at her in admiration. As if it was the most beautiful view in the world.

"Merry Christmas, Rhea." He said as Rhea slowly began to open her eyes.

"Merry Christmas, Ember..." She said in a sleepy voice.

"The tree looks great."

"It does." She stood up. Ember blushed as he recalled the previous night. Their kiss.

 Their kiss

* * * * *

"Open the door! This poor girl is dying of the heat! Ughhh!" Alicia banged the door.

Mrs Laghari opened the door, "Alicia! Beta how are you?"

[Tn/Beta: Child; used in Hindi to call his/her/ other's child; e.g. How are you, beta? How is your family, beta? Had dinner, beta?—ugh! So many questions!]

"Hello aunty, long time no see! You're looking stunning! As always!"

"Aww Alicia, thank you so much. So sweet of you." She greeted her dreamily. "Rhea is in her room." Ignoring the fact that Alicia banged the door hard enough to crack the wooden door.

Alicia tiptoed upstairs and slowly opened the door. Rhea lied on her bed on her belly. Alicia jumped and fell upon her, almost cracking her backbone.

"WHAT THE FUDGEEEE DUDDEEEEE?!" Rhea jumped like a scared frog. "YOU TOOK THE HELL OUT OF ME!"

Alicia laughed, "Serves you right."

"You haven't changed a bit!" Rhea calmed down and joined her to laugh out loud.

"Haha, now tell me how The US was! Did you like it? Did you enjoy?"

"First of all, I was only in California. Los Angeles. I didn't explore the entire country!"

"What a shame." Alicia laughed.

"Shut up!"

"But how was it like? The school? New friends?"

"Yeah," Rhea looked at her phone screen and sighed. "I made lots of friends and Nikkita Chandwal was my best pal. It was all good until that one bitch showed up."

Alicia giggled, "Who?"

"Sabrina." She averted her eyes.

"Carpenter?"

"😬😬😬"

"Okay okay." They both laughed. "Who is she?"

"The daughter of the head of 'Wilson and sons'."

"Wilson and sons has a daughter." Alicia always have some mischievous thoughts in her mind. She laughed at her own thought.

"The second richest businessman's daughter. Sabrina Wilson."

"Second? Who's the first then?"

"Hanston Alvis Helberg."

"THE FOUNDER OF NASON?!"

"No, he was named after him."

"Oh."

"And his son is Ember-"

"That guy?!"

"Which?"

"You told me that there was a bench in the city mall's crash course center, in which was written Ember lov-"

"Yeah, yeah THAT ONE!"

"And the name you yelled after waking up in the first chapter." Noor peeped into her room. "I mean, on 27th June."

"Noor!" Alicia said in joy. "How are you, dear?" And hugged him, choking him to death.

He coughed, "*coughs* ahhh leave meee!!"

When she finally left him, they all sat together and talked about their lives in the past one and a half year.

"Well, it's getting Kate." Alicia said a got up, realizing the time.

"Kate?" Noor said.

"Oopsie, I mean late." She smiled nervously.

"Who's Kate?" Noor narrowed his eyes.

"Uhhh the main character of a web series that I'm binge watching!" She answered in one breath. Noor and Rhea laughed. "Anyways, do you know Neel?"

Rhea choked, "W-who?"

"The guy who lives next door?"

"I have no idea whom you're talking about." Rhea said, phlegmatically.

"Oh, so you guys haven't met yet. He's a very good friend of mine. We're in the same section in school."

"Oh."

"I'll bring him over tomorrow."

"Sure," Rhea agreed.

"Prepare something tasty for us." Alicia chuckled. And with that, left the scene.

"Why didn't you tell her about Ember?" Noor asked.

"I don't wanna make a fuss." Rhea said and buried her head in the pile of pillows.

-to be continued...