Chapter 4: Close To My Heart

Ember took the keyring and the notebook in which his name was entitled and exited the abandonment building which once was a school that burnt by a sudden fire years back.

* * * * *

"You know Rhea . . ." Alicia said to Rhea. "Whenever I see that little girl among those 4 kids getting killed . . .it hurts in my heart . . .and I wake up."

"Really? And you know what? A few days ago I was reading an article in which it's said that you wake up after seeing death in your dreams as your brain doesn't know what happens after you die." Rhea explained.

"Is that so?" Alicia asked, fully concentrated in Rhea's words.

"Yup. And . . .oh! I've something else to tell you."

"Yeah sure. Go on." Alicia said.

"Okay so, today is 27th June. I woke up saying someone's name and I feel like celebrating something."

"'Celebrating something?' That's so common among grown ups. But why do you feel like parting?"

"Nah. It's not like that. I mean . . .I feel like I've been celebrating this day for years. But I don't know why."

"Strange." Alicia replied. "And . . .what's with that name? You woke up saying some random name?"

"Yeah, kinda." Rhea said, sipping her coffee.

"And . . .what's the name? May I know?" Alicia said.

"The name is . . .uh . . .is . . ." She paused.

"Don't tell me you forgot or don't wanna tell me."

"No. I . . .I . . .uh . . .forgot . . .really." Rhea said, apologisingly.

"Then REMEMBER."

"Rem . . .ember . . .?"

"Anyway, I have to go. I have tuition classes. Take care, Rhea." She got up and hugged Rhea.

"Yeah . . .take care too, Alicia." Rhea said as both of them arrived where Rhea's cycle was parked. "May I drop you?"

"No, it's okay. Better you go home and have something. You only had a cup of coffee today." Alicia said and smiled.

"Yeah, okay, bye."

"Byeeee!" Alicia waved and left.

"So . . .what to do now? Let's go home." Rhea said to herself. " I'm not hungry anyway. Oh wait! Someone might be. What if I buy some chocolates for Noor? A best gift for a chocoholic brother *chuckles*"

It was already noon. She started paddling until she reached in front of a mall.

"Ooh . . .my stupid little brother will be very happy if I buy chocolates for him from a mall. Even if I choose the cheapest ones. Hehe." She whispered and parked her cycle.

She enterd the mall and bought some chocolates. As soon as she was going to exit, her sight fell on a broken signboard, saying 'Crash Course Centre'.

She followed the directions written on the board and reached a room, more like a classroom.

"I thought tuitions are held in here, as the signboard said. But it looks like no one came here in ages." Rhea said as she explored the classroom.

Suddenly she noticed something written inside a desk.

EmberRhea

"WHA-?!" Rhea said in surprise. "Wait! Ember! Yeah, that's the name I shouted in the morning.

"But what's with this statement?" She said and blushed. She tried to rub it, causing the bench to shake.

Are you an earthquake? 'Cause you rock my world.

Her cheeks again went red after recalling these words.

She sat on the bench and suddenly remembered something.

"Is this seat empy?"
"This one will be if you seat down."

"This is weird . . ." Rhea said to herself. " I recall thingss and forget about it later. Suddenly something strucks my mind that I never heard before. But it feels like it's . . .close to my heart."

"This room's vibes are so . . .fresh . . ." She thought. "I'd love to come here again." She smiled and left the room.

"I've never been here before." She thought. "Let's explore." With a smirk.

She went to the terrace of the mall. "Wow this place is so beautiful. The view from here is amazing." she said and suddenly her sight fell on something that was lying on the ground.

-to be continued...

Arorhea Laghari

Arorhea Laghari