Chapter 51: The Addled Event

"W-where am I?" He said as he sightly opened his eyes after a long sleep.

"E-Ember?" Aed panicked as she rushed to him.

"Mom, where am I?" Ember asked as he tried to get up.

"We're at the hospital, dear."

"W-what happened to me?"

"The doctors are still unknown to this. They might take some more time."

"I want to go home. I'm feeling cold."

"The doctors won't prescribe to let you go."

"But I have to go."

"Let the doctor arrive. Wear this coat if you're feeling cold, until then." She said as she handed him her coat.

* * * * *

"We're here." Mr. Laghari said as he got out of the car and started taking out the luggage. Rhea and Noor hopped out of the car to help their dad with the bags. Mrs. Laghari unlocked the door and went inside the house. The same old house where they used to live two years ago. 

"We need to do the dusting." She said and started cleaning the place. "Rhea, Noor, go to your rooms and clean them before taking the bags in."

"Mom, we're too tired! We have just arrived!" Noor said.

"You can't live here if you don't do it."

"Ughh fine." They pouted and began to work. Rhea climbed the stairs which led her to her room. It was a mess inside. The room was full of cobwebs and broken glass. The glass window was broken by heavy wind. She began to sweep the glasses and then when she was done, she started cleaning the balcony railings with a cloth.

* * * * *

"But today is Sunday!"

"I still have to work, dear."

"Mom, this isn't fair. You always leave for work and I'm all alone every single day!"

"Why didn't you make any friends yet?"

"Friends are betrayers. You can't trust anyone."

"Offo, try to make friends. You'll come across true friends soon. You'll see. When the time is right, everything will be okay." His mom convinced him. "Now, I've got to go." She said and grabbed her clutch. She walked out of the building and her son came along with her to lock the door from inside. "Looks like someone is moving into that apartment." She said as she noticed Mr. Laghari parking the car. "If there are kids of your age you can get along with them."

"I don't want friends." He said grumpily.

"What will I do with you?" She sighed. "Anyways, take care." 

"Okay, bye." He waved at his mom as she left. He rushed to his room and then to his balcony to have a proper look at the family. A girl of about 13, stood at the balcony in front of his balcony, cleaning the railings. He blushed. "She...looks like of my age." 

Rhea spotted a guy staring at her from the balcony in front of her room. She quickly sat down to hide from him. Then she realized that, he could easily see her among the bars. She felt like an idiot and crawled back to her room like a snake.