Chapter 57: Remember Me, Ember

"Where am I?" Ember woke up and the only person there, was Arorhea.

"...Rhea..."

"Hello Ember, I hope you're doing well?" Rhea said with an unfamiliar smile.

"I...where are we?"

"Somewhere...where there are only us." Rhea said with no emotion, standing with her arms by her side.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you happy?"

"Huh?...I am but...what's up with that?"

"Why are you happy?" She asked and this time, her voice sounded different.

"Because..." He tried to think of it but could only remember her.

He had forgotten about how they met, where the met, why they were here and everything else. He only knew that the girl in front of him was the person he loves

"...cause you are here with me..." His lips curled as he tried to smile but soon that smile faded when Rhea replied to him.

"Will you still be happy in my absence?"

Ember said while shivering, "N-no!" He could see the anger on her face as he said that. But she was still calm.

"You can't live like this, Ember."

"I can't! Tell me about what I should do!"

"Forget me..."

"Huh?!" He stood up.

"Or remember me...Ember..." She said her final words and started to fade away.

Ember tried to hold her but she slipped through his fingers and faded away.

"Rhea! What do I need to remember?!" He yelled.

And heard someone whispering in his ear, 'remember, me Ember'.

But he couldn't find anyone anywhere. It was void!

"What do I need to remember about you?!"

'Remember me Ember'

"Rhea!"

-to be continued...

Afterlife of Ember And Rhea