Chapter 1.

Blood. Blood is everything that i can see around me beside two human corpses. Are they even human's? Noone knows. I walked closer to see my creation but as soon as i saw it i felt like my heart jumped out of my chest. I started to scream and at that moment i woke up.

~Shit.. That nightmare again.

I though while i was breathing heavily and my heart was beating like crazy. Sweat was falling down my body. I stood up from my bed and walked into bathroom. Before i stepped into shower i look at myself in big mirror. My eyes wandered from my face to my legs. My automail legs. My hand slowly reached to touch them but as soon as i felt cold metal i put my hand away with sigh.

~Don't think about it.

I told to myself before stepping inside shower and started to pour hot water on my [S/T] (skin tone) body. After long warm shower i changed my clothes and walked next to my bed and chceked what time it is.

~3:37. I didn't sleep much this night either. Guess there's nothing else i can do about it.

I though as i started to pack few of my things and went straight to work. My house is about 15 minutes of walk from central headquarters where i work for few years now. I am state alchemist- glass alchemist. I also work at investigation center. When I came to building there was noone to be found so i decided to start working. There are some documents about serial killer whose name is unknown. My collegues gave him nickname scar because of his big X shaped scar crossing his forehead. I started to read documents and tried imagining what could go on in Scar's head while murdering.

~Why is he only after state alchemist? It doesn't make any sense. If it is because it is agains God Ishval then why he doesn't kill even other alchemists? There has to be something more about it. After long time swiming through the sea of informations and while i read all of those informations i lost count of time. That's until i heard someone's voice interupt me.

~You are really an early bird, aren't you Miss [Y/N]?

Very familiar voice told me and i answeared.

~Good morning Lt. Colonel Huges. I wouldn't say i'm an early bird. I'm something like permanently exhausted pigeon. I just can't sleep sometimes like this night.

~I understand, this work is hard and not everybody can take easily everything we see almost everyday.

~Y-yeah. That's it.

I lied a little. I didn't tell anybody about my nightmares or about reason behind them so i pretend that i can't sleep because of work even though in reality i don't have problem with seeing dead bodies. I just don't care.

~And Miss [Y/N]?

Huges asked me while i made hmm sound.

~Did you see photo of my daughter Elsia?? Look how cute she is. She is soon 3 years old!

Huges told and i thought.

~Uh Lt. Colonel Huges started again. I have to get from this situation as soon as possoble or i will end up on Elsia's birthday party.

Right after i thought about it, i started to stand up but Huges stopped me.

~Would you like to go Elsia's birthday party this week? Come oon would you like to? Would you???

I tried to think of solution how to get out of this talk but before i had time to think of something Huges told me.

~Oh and i just remembered Miss [Y/N].

I look at him with asking look and he answeared.

~Elric's asked me if you can come to visit them. They need to talk about something with you.

~Edward and Alphonse did?

~yeah.

~Where are they?

~In hospital

~In hospital? What happened? Did they get into some kind of fight?

I told with teasing smile

~Yeah looks like it.

Huges answeared and i thanked him and i took my leave.

~So Edward is in hospital? I wonder what my dear cousin would want from me. We don't have specially close relationship. We just went through the same thing and that's all.

I though while walking to cafe to drink some good coffee since it is about 10 am right now and i almost didn't sleep. When i walked inside, suprisingly, there was almost noone beside me.

~Where did everyone go?

I asked myself aloud but someone's voice answeared.

~Didn't you hear? 5th laboratory has colapsed and there is suspiction that it is scar's doing.

~What?! Were there any witneses?

~Yes, Elric brothers but they told that they don't know who did it.

~Is that so?

I told and though.

~So that's why they are in hospital. I don't believe that they don't know. They are always in something dangerous. And if there was Scar they would know it because he already attacked them once. Guess i'll ask them later. Right now i need my precious coffee.

I told to myself with smile and made coffee. When coffee was done i took it to table and then i came for a snack and food. I came back in 2 minutes and ate everything. After working so long i didn't even realized how hungry i was. Last one to be gone was coffee. Right after i drank it i took my leave and went to see my dear cousins. After about 30 minute long walk i was before big hospital. I went to reception and asked for number of room of fullmetal alchemist. Nurse was kind and quickly done the task. I knocked on door and heard familiar voice say.

~Come in

I opened door and showed myself.

~Hello there Edward, Alphonse aaand Winry, how have you been? You look kinda beat up.

I joked but Edward just answeared coldly.

~There was trouble. But [Y/N] there is a reason i called you here. Sorry but we don't have time for chit chats. I need your help [Y/N].

~Whoa, you won't let me even breath out first. So what's going on with you? Why do you need my help?

~Because there is noone else i can go to with this. I could go ask Huges but i don't want him to get involved in this.

~Okey i understand that. So now stop talking about everything else and get to the point.

I answeared a little bit annoyed and Edward started to talk.