Chapter 42.

Envy's POV

When (Y/N) went to change her clothes i exchanged with Mustang quiet look and Mustang sighed.

~I guess that you already know why you and your powers are needed, right?

For a moment i stayed quiet and then i answeared.

~It's war, isn't it?

I said uninterested.

~Yeah.

~Who are we fighting against?

~Drachma.

~Drachma you say? Last time i heard about it, Kemblee joined their side to attack Briggs in North. After we carved bloody emblem in there i didn't hear a thing. I thought that things were under control.

~They were under control.

With that Mustang took his leave so i turned around and went to change into uniform. After a moment i met with (Y/N) and both of us stood up close to cell doors and we waited for pipsqueak to let us out of this cage.

~Would it be big problem if we just went out of here by ourselves? I don't want to wait for that lit-

~Did you try to call me small?!

Edwards voice echoed in hall as he slowly came closer to our cell.

~And yeah, it would be problem. It would be counted as escape.

Edward unlocked cell and let us out.

~When you'll be coming back don't forget time. You have to be back by 9PM. Not even minute late.

~Yeah, yeah just let us go already.

(Y/N) murmured under her breath while i waved to our little guard that's not so little anymore and we went going. As we were walking through hallways lot of guards were staring at us and looking down on us. (Y/N) tried to ignore them but i wasn't patient enough to ignore them so i gave them deadly glare and they started to mind their own buisness. When we were finally out of building (Y/N) smiled and took a deep breath.

~Are you enjoying your one day freedom?

I asked her unamused.

~Yeah, sun is bright and it's warming up my skin, don't you enjoy your time out of that small cage without people guarding us?

~I do but i would be rather killing somewhere out.

~Uhm, it's so you like.

~So what?

~Nothing, nothing. Soo where are we going? Or what are we going to do?

(Y/N) asked avoiding my question even though i didn't really mind. I thought for a moment and told.

~Well is there something you would like to eat or do?

~Well i would like to have some coffee, i feel like i need it.

~Well then let's get going before we loose all of our free time.

I told and we went down through almost empty streets. After 15 minutes of wondering through town we found smal cafe. We decided to sit down before shop. In matter of seconds young female showed up and asked us with smile.

~What can i bring you?

I looked at (Y/N) and she answeared.

~One latte please.

I answeared right after her.

~Me too.

Waitress nodded and left. I put my elbow on table and my head onto palm of my hand while i looked at (Y/N).

~I hate humans, they are so weak and fake.

I murmured loud enough only for (Y/N) to hear.

~Yeah, same here. But some of them make good coffee, for me that's good enough reason not to kill them.

She smiled and i rolled my eyes with small smile. After a while waitress showed up again and gave us our coffees. Both of us nodded her and she left. We were talking about various things when i stoped for a moment because i felt like someone is staring at us. I immediately loked around but i didn't see anybody suspictious. (Y/N) gave me questioning look but i just shook her off.

~It was nothing. By the way, i want to go to our old hideout to those ancient baths, do you think we have enough time to go there and then be on time at headquarters?

~Yeah of course. Can we use that elevator that leads from your old hideout directly to headquarters?

~Yeah i guess that we can.

I drank last bits of coffee and then both of us stood up and went inside. (Y/N) was about to pay but i decided that this one will be on me. When i paid (Y/N) thanked me and we went straight to our old hideout. During our way i was lost in thoughts but (Y/N) interupted me by getting ahold of my hand. I interwined my fingers with hers and i gave her the sweetest smile i could do. She smiled back and soon we were standing before secret passageway to hideout. We stepped inside and i felt (Y/N) tremble a little.

~What's wrong?

~Nothing. Just shiver went down my spine. It's cold in here.

I nodded and we continued our way while every single step we made was echoing through hallways. After 5 minute long walk we were in ,,throne room,, where were still traces of our battle with Mustang as well as Father's throne in the middle. We passed by it and went around mine and (Y/N)'s old rooms and continued deep into tunnels untill we came to little hole in wall that we slipped through. When we stepped through, hot steam hit us like slap. For a moment we were standing before those amazing anciet baths, then we exchanged quiet looks and when we looked away, immediatelly both of us started to strip off of our military uniforms and in seconds we were jumping inside warm water. When we dived in we looked at each other underwater and i almost forgot about breathing when i saw (Y/N). We both swam on surface and (Y/N) swam to place where she could sit with only head above water. I swam right next to her and she sighed with happiness.

~It felt like ages since we were here last time.

I nodded and told.

~Yeah but it's gonna be ages untill we'll come here again.

(Y/N) looked at me with confused and suspictious look and i knew that she wants answears.

~(Y/N), we are in war. We are going to fight against Drachma.