Chapter 30.

Your POV

I and Envy run away from my place with Edward tied there. As we were running i heard Ed tell to Mustang that we are running away.

~Shit, it looks like he somehow grabbed some comunicator and told Mustang that we are here.

I stopped and looked out of window where i saw Mustang stand with at least half of whole country's military. Envy saw that as well.

~I guess that this was Pipsqueak's plan from the beggining. He never planned to let you be free. Both of us would be executed.

I looked at Envy and i knew that he got point. I continued looking through small window and i knew that they are just waiting for us to come out.

~They think we don't know about them. They are for sure at backdoors as well. What are we going to do?

I asked Envy and he gave me small grin.

~You have cellar in here, right?

~Yes, why?

~Let's go there. Lead the way.

I nodded and both of us ran down to the cellar. It was really dark inside.

~So what no-

I was interupted by loud noise. It sounds like doors were kicked out.

~We don't have time (Y/N). Dig 3 tunnels that would lead up 3 different ways so we can confuse them.

I did as he told me because i knew there isn't time for me to ask him why and what his plan is. Steps of soldiers were herad all over the place and i thought that they are coming closer as well. In matter of 3 minutes i was done since these tunels weren't too long.

~I'm done. Now what?!

I asked in hurry and Envy grabbed my hand while weird feeling shot through me. It was like butterflies in my stomach. Soon we were right under stairs and Envy told me to dig tunnel right under us. I've done what he told me and both of us jumped inside. I sealed hole above us and Envy asked me.

~Where are we right now? How far to central HQ?

~We are about 2,5 kilometers from central HQ to East.

~Okey. Can you dig tunel 2,5 kilometers long to West from here?

~Yeah.

~Okey so if you can, do so. We are getting the hell out of here.

Before i could start digging footsteps were heard above us. Neither of us dared to make the slightest move. We waited there in silence while we heard Mustang ordering soldiers to find us as quickly as possible. After about 10 minutes of searching through tunnels we were sure that there is noone in the cellar anymore. Only then i released deep breath i didn't know i was holding. Envy did the same and then i started to make tunnel.

~We are lucky that we got away.

~Yeah. If not, Mustang would burn us to ash by now just like he almost burned me.

I gave him understanding look and i continued with tunnel. After about 30 minutes i broke into some kind of room. It seemed like normal room but i knew that there is no way that human would be living underground central.

~Envy? Where are we now?

~Our old hideout.

~Huh?

~This is my old room.

~W-what? You knew exactly where we are we gonna come out, didn't you?

~Of course i knew. Now seal this hole.

I sealed it and he went out of his room. I followed him and suddenly i was at too familiar place. Doors right opposite Envy's room were doors that led to my old room. To place i was held in. Envy went before me somewhere and i was like frozen in time. Butterflies in my stomach were tickling so I grabbed the handle and opened doors before me. When i looked inside i saw ground demaged from spikes that Edward created to attack Envy while "saving" me. I stepped inside and i saw handcuffs on ground and a lot of dirt everywhere. Then my eyes landed on bed where i used to sleep. I sat on my old bed and then i laid in there. I started to feel weird.

~It is so nostalgic for me in here even though i wasn't here on my own free will. And yet i'm happy that i'm here again.

As i was laying down in bed my eyelids became heavy and i fell asleep. After all this was some really hard time for me those past few days.

Envy's POV

I went to look around to find something usefull where we can stay that isn't demaged and what was in best condition. I was walking while i thought that (Y/N) is tagging behind me but when i wanted to talk to her i realized that i don't feel her presence behind me. I quickly turned around but she was nowhere to be seen. I immediately ran back to my room where we started. As i arrived before my room i was standing between her old room and mine room. I looked at her old room which was now opened and i heard quiet breathing. I opened doors wider and peeked inside. I didn't expect to see (Y/N) asleep back at her old bed in such comfort. At least i thought she felt comfortable because she looked like she is.

~I still can't understand her. I held her in here with no way to escape and yet she came back here on her own free will and fell asleep in here. I would never be able to get back to that cell where i was held in and be as carefree as she is. Even though she was there with me i wouldn't go back there again. I hold grudge against that place.

I was thinking and then i walked away and let her sleep. I went to observe rooms to see how demaged they were but to my surprise there was almost none demage. I went to look to main place where father's throne is and memories flooded back into my mind. 

~At first i thought that i like my father as a son would like his parent but he was just using me. He was using all of us. He wasn't someone worth liking. I found that as soon as i had to do things i didn't want to. This sure brings back memories. And now i'm the sole survivor of my kind. Every other homuncullus is dead. I'm lucky because of her. Even though i never wanted to accept that.

I was standing there all alone and after a while i decided that i'm gonna go back to (Y/N) in case she would wake up and wouldn't know where i am.