Chapter 49.

~Ehm, ehm.

Both of us looked at direction from which sound was coming from and we saw Mustang standing there with piece of paper in his hand.

~I hope you had fun, but as you said, you should start to work.

I looked at Envy and then at Mustang with nervous and embarassed face while Envy's expression turned to his usuall annoyed one. Soon Mustang continued.

~I came here to give you this paper. Today you are allowed out from now until 10PM. And i want you to stop by my office at 2PM to give me report. Is that clear?

~Of course.

I told with unamused expression and Envy just murmured.

~Yeah, yeah.

Mustang looked at him, sighed and told.

~Okey, if you don't have anything to say, then i'll take my le-

~Wait!

I shouted to which Mustang and Envy both looked at me surprised.

~What is it, (Y/N)?

~I just wanted to thank you. Yesterday we heard you yell at that soldier that was trying to arrest us. You saved us back there.

I said thankfully and even kinda nervously.

~You heard that?

Mustang asked with shocked expression and i nodded my head.

~you weren't supposed to hear that-

He mumbled for himself while looking on ground and then looked back at me and told.

~Untill you have this paper-

Mustang pointed at one he brought today.

~You are high ranked soldiers and noone can do a thing that would disturb your work. It's only normal to yell at individuals like that blockhead. Now get to work.

He told and left.

~Envy, you heard him too, right? I bet he only thinks we didn't hear him mumble, hahaha.

~Yeah, i heard him. But what was with that thanks?

~I just felt like that. And that's it.

~Uhm okey. Let's sit down.

Both of us sat down while Envy ate food and i worked on those files.

~Envy? Can you look at those files if you don't know anybody, or if you didn't use to see them or something like that?

~Yeah, and who are these guys you put aside?

~Oh, these are just the ones that i used to meet or that are living close by my place. Just some neighbours

~Uhm, okey. I'm gonna look at it.

Envy started to go through files and he managed to put out 31 people.

~H-how the hell- how you know them?

~It's not that i know them. Some of them i just remember passing by few times but others are the ones that has family in military. These 26 guys have their dads or grandpas in military for really long time. And do you see this one?

Envy ponited at brown eyed male that seemed similiar but i was sure that i didn't know him.

~Who is he?

~You know Sam Rogers?

~Uhm

~This is his kid. He is probably in his mid twenties and he already have his own family.

~Rogers have son? But they have different names?!

~Well from what i know they aren't at good terms. I bet that Rogers doesn't even know that his kid joined military.

~Yeah. There is high possibility. Well now we have 97 soldiers left. What are we going to do now?

~Divide those files in half. First half will be guys that have no family or anything else. You know, loners. And in second half there are gonna be soldiers that have fimilies.

~Oookey.

I did so and in the end i divided 97 files in groups. First group of loners consisted of 59 guys while group of those with families was 38.

~I guess we should stop by second group places. We should confirm existence of those families. If they exist, they are no longer suspects. If they don't exist, then we will know that they are spies.

~Well then, let's change into our uniforms and we can get going.

After a moment we were ready but nobody was close to let us out.

~Fuck those stupid guards, how can't they be here when we need them? If we will go without them knowing we are in trouble.

I mumbled for myself and then i yelled as loud as i could.

~Eeeeeeedwaaaaaard! Come her and let us out, we have work to doooooo!

In matter of minute he was there and looked at me with kinda scared expression.

~Y-yes, (Y/N). You know, you don't have to yell that loud, probably whole prison heard you.

~So what? I don't give a shit about it.

To that Envy replied.

~I think my ears just regenerated, don't yell that much, just use that stupid button.

I looked to my side and stared at button for a moment.

~Argh, i completely forgot that it is here. Sorry, next time imma gonna use it, hehe.

I told and Ed finally let us out. We walked through prison and went out of building.

~So which is going to be first?

~Dunno. Let's just go one by one. And don't tell anybody what we are doing, we don't know who is spy and who's not.

~Uhm

I nodded and we went to first adress on our motorcycles. When we were there we knocked on first doors and young women with 2 kids opened us.

~Hello, Mrs. Emilia?

I was the one talking to young female.

~Y-yes, is there some problem? Is Mike alright?

~Uhm, yeah, everything is all right. We are just checking on people how are they doing after all that happened. So life is going okey? Nothing unusuall?

~Everything is normal, just my husband joined military so i'm alone to take care of kids while he is in work. It's hard.

~Yeah, i can understand. Well if there is nothing unusuall and everything is going how it's supposed to, then we will take our leave. They care, goodbye.

~Goodbye

She said and she closed her doors.

~What do you think Envy? Did you notice anything unusuall in her behavior and anything suspictious?

~No, not at all. This is just another uninteresting human family. You can put that file aside, they are clear.

Envy answeared and i put it in box in my motorcycle.

~Well, we should move to the next family.