Chapter 27.

It was morning. The day of my execution came. I didn't know how to feel. I didn't like my life so i didn't thought that i would feel bad about dying. But after i found someone i was willing to die for i just stopped wanting to die. I wanted to stay by side of this person for the rest of my life. Even if it was just short human lifespan. I was sitting quietly in my cage when i heard doors of my cell open.

~Here i go. My path to death.

I thought and prepared myself. One guard came inside and put my hands behind my back and cuffed me with wooden cuffs to prevent me from using alchemy. I quietly came out of cell while light blidened my eyes for a moment. I was weak and i was barely standing. As i was going two guards were each on one side beside me. After short walk one of them asked me.

~Can i ask you a question?

I looked at him with questioning look.

~Why did you let that guy get away?

I stayed quiet because i didn't want to talk about it but guard asked me again.

~I just want to know what made you sacrifice your life. What is more important than your life?

Second guard just rolled his eyes while being annoyed by our short conversation.

~You really want to know, huh?

~Uhm.

~Okey then. I decided to sacrifice my life for someome that cared about me, that helped me, saved my life and was my one and only friend. And that all while being enemies. My cousin put his selfish reasons before my life. And my enemy was the one who saved me. I owe him my life. And... I love him too. This all made my decision clear. I wanted to save his life no matter how many sins he have, no matter what he had done. I can't blame him. After all he is sin himself. And i would probably do the same thing if i was at his place with his powers.

We stepped out of building and i felt cold wind blow into my face and i felt alive. One last time. Guard who asked me smiled while the other one snapped.

~Who cares about your feelings?! He was murderer. He was monster! He doesn't deserve to live! And neither do you, you stupid bit-

I couldn't see what happened but suddenly that guard's head flew off few meters away. I looked at guard i was talking with before and saw his hand changed into blade. I thought that i'm halucinating but at moment this guy broke cuffs that were restraining me, i was sure. I was sure that this is the man i love. He shaped shifted to his preffered form and came to me.

~You look terrible.

He commented to which i smiled as wide as possible.

~Yeah i know.

Tears were in my eyes and i was happy from seeing Envy. He hugged me to which i responded with hug even tighter then his.

~Now let's get away, (Y/N).

I nodded and we started to run away. I was weak, i couldn't run fast because i didn't eat for 3 days straight and my heart couldn't take Envy's pace because of it. I was only allowed to drink and to go to toilet.

~Sorry i can't run as fast as i would usually.

~Don't worry about it!

Envy swiftly took me bridal style and ran away.

~You are even lighter then you were. A lot lighter.

~That's possible. I didn't eat for 3 days.

~Those bastards. I'm gonna kill them!

I stayed silent and Envy continued running away.

Soon guards somehow spotted us and they started to run after us. I knew that this is not good situation.

~Envy?

~Hm?

~Thank you. Thank you very much for saving me, for being there for me. I love you so much. Thank you

Envy was silent for a second and then answeared with the most honest closed eyed smile i ever saw.

~I love you to- *Bang*

Both of us heard loud shot and we both looked before us. There stood one guard with gun pointed at us. Suddenly enormous pain overwhelmed my body. I was shot. Blood started to rush from my chest as last thing i was able to see was Envy's shocked expression.

~Sorry Envy... Guess..this is.. goodbye... I will always... love you.

Tear fell down from my cheek and my limp body continued to lay in Envy's arms.

Envy's POV

~This-this can't be happening! Why?!

My eyes shot to guy that was standing before me and i started to run after him. I kicked him with my leg changed into blade and stabbed him into stomuch. Soon guards and soldiers came running after me one after another. I killed them all and i run away and hid in old abandoned building that was near prison. I put (Y/N) down and looked at her limp body. At first i though that she was dead but when i listened closer to her chest i heard heartbeat. It was really quiet and weak but it was still there. I didn't know what to do. I have no medical skills at all, i couldn't call abulance or call for help nor anything else i could do to help her with-but then i remembered the thing that saved my own life.

~Philosopher's stone! It's truth that i don't know how to heal with it but i know one things very well. Power of philosopher's stone inside of me. This one shouldn't be much different. I put philosopher's stone out of glass bottle while it took form of ball and i put it on top of (Y/N)'s wound. I started to push it inside while begging it to save her life. That stone as if knew what to do, it changed form to liquid and it started to slowly flow inside her body. For a moment i could see bright red light from her chest and wound started to close. After a while her entire body started to change. Her automail legs were destroyed and every metal part was separated from her body while at place of automial real legs grew up. Points where her legs regrew were scarred but her heart beat was normal again and her breathing became stable. Soon she opened her eyes and looked at me.

~Am i still alive? How is that possible?

At first i didn't answear i just smiled from happines. I never thought i would be capable of feelings like this. I never though that i would actually feel emotions different then envy and jealousness. After my thoughts passed i answeared her question.

~Yes you are alive.