Chapter 37.

Envy's POV

~What a fucking luck.

I cursed under my breath when i was going with Mustang away from tunnels.

~I shouldn't have played with Elrics but instead i should've just defeat them and go help (Y/N). But if i didn't played with them they would never realize what they did wrong. I honestly couldn't believe how stupid they are. I- almost emotionless homuncullus- was supposed to explain them (Y/N)'s feelings. Edward was yelling at me for taking (Y/N) away even though it was his fault that she ended in the same place as I did. But worst of all was seeing (Y/N) defeated on ground under Mustang's threating fingers. I realized too late that he tried to kill me and (Y/N) saved me over and over again. When we were talking about deal i was sure that i'm not gonna survive this. Even if Mustang told that we will live together i can't believe his words. I know best of all that he wants to see me dead no matter what.

I continued to quietly walk before Mustang while i knew that he is ready to kill me whenever it will be needed. I was ready for it, i was just sorry that i wouldn't be able to tell (Y/N) my goodbye. I sighed, stopped in my tracks and told to Mustang.

~I guess we are now far enough. Stop making it longer and finally kill me. I know that you are waiting only for my death so kill me. It's not that i can do anything about it.

I turned my head, looked at him for a second and then i turned to face him completely. I closed my eyes and waited for sharp pain to hit my body while i felt cold sweat run down my spine. But nothing happened. I opened my eyes to look at Mustang that was standing still with fingers in mid snapping position.

~ I was sure that you are going to get rid of me as soon as we will be far enough. What's stopping you?

I asked him almost pissed off while Mustang just looked at me without saying a single word.

~What's stopping you?! You want me dead, don't you?

Only then Mustang lowered his hand with sigh and told me with serious look.

~Yes, i want to see you dead. But today is not the day you're gonna die. And the only reason why, is that i promised, that both of you are gonna live. And i promised that only because (Y/N) told me about what happened and what you did for her. Now i can kinda understand her. Now move, car is waiting for our arrival.

I stayed stunned for a moment from surprise. Mustang's hand stayed at place not trying to move or threaten me and then with sigh I turned around, smiled for myself and moved forward. Suddenly stone fell down from my heart and i knew that i am going to see (Y/N) again. After short amount of time i was before car in which Mustang told me to sit. He sat inside as well but he was at driver's seat while i was right behind him. In car was deafening silence untill finally i noticed (Y/N) getting outside of tunnels as well as Elrick brothers. As they came closer i saw that Edward was carrying some stuff and when he was even closer than before i realized that it was book. Actually lot of books. I moved to middle seat while (Y/N) sat on my right side and Alphonse on my left side. Edward sat next to Mustang and our way to prison started. When i saw (Y/N) sitting in car i wanted to hug her but it was nearly impossible with tied up body. I felt exactly same when (Y/N) tied me and locked me in cell in order to protect me. I sweared myself that i'm not gonna get locked ever again but here i am, willingly heading to prison to save our lives.

~Before, if i had to be locked up in order to survive i would reather kill myself than go through such humiliation. I really am sofer, huh?

I asked myself even though i already knew the answear. Before we were at half way to prison (Y/N) put her head on my shoulder and i tried to reasure her that i'm with her so i put my head on top of hers and then moved it away. She then fell asleep. After 15 minutes long ride we were before building that both of us knew too well. (Y/N) was still sleeping so i told Alphonse about her and he decided to carry her. As i was led inside buliding i recieved lot of disgusted looks and stares. Once again in my fucking life, i'm being looked down on. I hate that feeling so i looked at them with deadly stare and left. This time our cell wasn't at deepest floor of building but on the exact opposite. This time it was the highest floor of building with single big cell. There was one big bed for 2-3 people, small bathroom with shower, desk and 2 chairs. There was even one barred window from which i could see far into distance. Even though there was window, cell was still kinda dark. Mustang was the one to open our cell and even though i didn't exactly wanted to step inside, i did as well as Alphonse with (Y/N). He untied and uncuffed her and soon after he untied and uncuffed me while Ed put books on table. Then both of them went out of cell and locked it behind them. Meanwhile i put blanket over sleeping (Y/N) and looked at her untill my attention moved towards Mustang's voice.

~Some info for you. We are not using any restrains or doing anything to prevent you from using your powers. I hope that our deal is still deal and that you won't try to escape. Otherwise both of you will die and this time with no merci.

I just watched him talking but i wasn't exactly listening.

~There will be 2 guards changing their shifts and that's Ed and Al. I will come to look at you sometimes as well. They won't be here all the time but they will come at random time to keep an eye on you. Now i guess that's all. If i forgot something, boys will tell you later. Now i'm gonna take my leave. Enjoy your time here, because it's gonna be long.

Mustang told with sarcasm and he left taking Edward and Alphonse with him for some discussion. I looked at sleeping (Y/N) and laid down next to her to take a small nap.