Chapter 22.

It was next day about 9 am when i woke up. I looked around to see bunch of papers on my desk. I sighed from look at my work for today and wanted to fall back asleep but once i'm awake it's quite impossible. I sat on my bed, for a moment i looked to nowhere and then i stood up and went to Envy's cell. After that annoying unlocking i went inside to see Envy still asleep. I smiled a little and went closer to him. I looked at his features and remembered how i once found him asleep back in hideout. He is still as cute while asleep as i remember him. I decided that i'm going away but i was stopped by Envy who grabbed my hand and held me at place.

~E-envy? Could you let go of my hand? I have work to do.

~Huh?

He opened his eyes and realized he held me by my hand.

~Uh sorry.

~Don't worry. I didn't want to wake you up so go to sleep again.

~Nope i won't fall asleep again anytime soon.

~Same here. I only woke up few minutes ago.

~If you're gonna work, wanna my help?

~Of course if you want to do it.

~Why not? I have nothing better to do anyway.

~Okey so come out.

We got out and went to work into my office. Envy solved whole case just by working for today and yesterday. I couldn't believe my own eyes.

~H-how did you- how so fast?!

~I heard about some guys causing trouble from Lust but i didn't paid it much attention and i remembered them just now and it is connected to this case for sure.

~Thank you really. I have now more time for myself here.

~No problem.

I looked into my work while Envy got up from my bed and looked into papers from upon my shoulder. He helped me with my other case too. We were done with everything untill noon. Then we were playing cards in my office. After about hour and half we stopped because we were still at draw.

~Okey, what are we going to do now?

~I don't know. I have nothing to do except work or reading books.

~Books? Can you lend me some? I wasn't reading in some time now.

~That's good idea! I completely forgot about this optinion. Of course i'm gonna lend you some.

~Well but there's problem. I can't read in dark and that cell is completely dark. And to read only here... it's not enough time for me.

~You've got a point. And also while you are here i'm risking a lot.

We came out of my office and i looked at Envy's cell and idea hit me.

~I have an idea. Some good idea. And we mustn't be worried about another guards finding out.

~I'm all ears.

~You will not be inside cell but in that gap between doors where we played cards. That way you won't be out of cell what is against rules and you will have light to read at the same time.

~That should work.

~Yeah. And one more thing. Take these and have them with you.

I handed Envy cuffs and he gave me puzzled look.

~Just put them on whenever guard would come here so i won't stress during search for them and putting them on. I'm leaving all this trouble to you.

I gave Envy small smile while he had funny looking iritated face.