Chapter 40.

As soon as Mustang locked our cell Edward showed up with food.

~Oh, hello there.

He commented with smile and put two traces with food on table near our cell. He unlocked cell and gave the traces inside.

~Here's your dinner.

He told and was about to leave but i stopped him with fire in my eyes.

~Now, now, where do you think you are going huuuh?! Why didn't you tell us that our trial is today, huuuh?! Do you want me to kill your small ass?!! Huuuh?!

I asked him with rage burning in my veins and Ed slowly turned his head to face me.

~C-calm down (Y/N)...

~CALM DOWN?!

I rised my voice and hit him on head.

~Don't tell me to calm down!

I told and Ed slowly and quietly answeared me.

~I-i'm sorry (Y/N), i-i forgot to tell y-you.

I hit him second time and hissed.

~Hope that next time you won't forget something so important.

After that i pushed him out of cell and Mustang locked cell once again.

~Okey, this is solved, now let's dig in.

I stated happily and Envy joined me with eating. Meanwhile Ed stood up from ground and Mustang with small laugh told.

~It doesn't matter if you're guard and she's prisoner, until she's your cousin and until she's older from you, she'll hit you as much as she pleases anyway. I'm not surprised that you ended up on ground.

Smirk was visible on Mustang's face and Ed just growled in disagreement with Mustang's statement and then he asked us.

~So how did it go? I guess that your execution was canceled.

~Yeah it was, we are at lifelong sentence.

~How did you managed to do it?

Ed this time asked Mustang but Mustang shook his head towards my direction so i answeared.

~Well he told that we are more usefull alive than dead and that he will use us for military actions.

I've told and continued to eat food.

~After all Mustang saved our asses with small lie that we will be of good use to military. Finally i can chill out.

I told with happiness in my voice but i was interupted by Envy.

~I don't think that that was a lie, right? Flame alchemist.

I looked at Mustang who had stone face and looked at us. When i saw that face i knew that Envy got a point so i stretched my back and looked at Mustang waiting for his explanation.

~I suppose that you are gonna tell us what our work will be, or am i mistaken?

Envy asked and Mustang quietly smirked.

~Yeah i'll tell you everything but not today. I have some buisness i have to take care of so see ya later.

Mustang told and took his leave. I stared dumbfounded and watched how Mustang's shadow was disappearing from my sight.

~What was that for?! Yeah he saved our asses but if we are supposed to work for him he should at least tell us what are we supposed to do!

I quietly stormed out to which Ed told.

I understand you but you know Mustang and that he will never tell you this but i'm sure that he wants the two of you to rest. He knows that few past days were like hell for you, today was that trial so i wouldn't be surprised if the two of you were exhausted not only physicly but even mentally. Now take some rest and i'll see you later.

With that Ed took his leave and i was kinda stunned. My eyes wandered to Envy that was already spacing out.

~What are you thinking about? I bet you can't wait to go to work to feel free, can you?

~Hm? Oh yeah, i can't wait.

Meanwhile i came closer to him and put my arms around his chest from behind and put my head on top of his shoulder. He responded with moving his arm around me to pull me closer. I smiled while small blush was covereing my cheeks but then neutral expression was present on my face again.

~Envy? Do you think it's something you've done? Something what you had done on father's orders?

~I don't really think so. This wasn't kind of work that i used to do, what was happening in military was Wrath's doing. I was only getting informations or creating problems between humans and made them fight. And i'm almost sure that any other homunculli wasn't doing anything that would have been problem right now. Only if it was Wrath's doing. Why do you ask?

~I was just thinking and you seemed deep in thoughts and also i have feeling that something bad is about to happen. And i think that we are gonna fight in some kind of war.

~Is it really that bad? I love wars even though i'm not exactly enjoying fights.

~Well i don't mind killing people in war or so and i'm not scared for my life but i was already in one war and i hate listening to orders. If it's gonna be war i wonder what our positions will be.

~(Y/N) we will be their ultimate weapons, i bet that if we are going to war only few people will be above us and not for too long.

While we talked, sky was filling with dark thunder clouds and there was frightening silence just like before thunder. I heard wind that was slowly rising and gaining power.

~Well maybe it's not because of war itself but maybe because something that's gonna happen before, after or during it. I just have really bad feeling. Maybe it's not even related to war itself maybe just something that's gonna happen. I just know that something bad is gonna happen.

~(Y/N) if you really think so then i believe you, your gut is almost always right. Now stop stressing out and let's rest, we really need it.

I smiled and then looked at myself and then again towards Envy.

~Envy? Don't you think that we should change our clothes a little?

~Why? I like mine and i can change it whenever i want.

~Well i was just thinking how would it be if you were to wear even something else.

~Uff (Y/N), even if, we don't have any.

~Yeah but i can change that. I need some clean clothes so we just should ask Ed.

~Ed?

~Yeah. Could you go ask him?

~No way.

~Awww come oooon.

~Do you remember when i told you this cell was used for high ranked soldiers that commited small crimes?

~Yeah so what?

~There has to be some sort of button that summons guards.

~Oh really?

~Yeah.

With that he walked towards cell doors and on it's side there really was a button. At first i didn't want to believe it but it really was there and Envy pushed it.