Chapter 68.

Our journey started too quickly and i found myself sitting in a car looking outside of the window already for few hours. I was in my own world while i was looking at things that passed by.

~How long do you think this war will last?

After a moment of silence Envy answeared.

~That depends on us. Sooner we're done with our job, sooner it ends but-

Envy stopped in the middle of his sentence not wanting to continue.

~What is it?

I pressed on him so he decided to continue.

~Let me ask you, do you think we'll live after our work is done? Do you think they'll let us survive?

~Honestly, i don't know. I think Mustang would let us live but we can't be sure. What is worse, even if he lets us live, those other people he told us about, could make our death look like some ,,unfortunate accident,,.

~I thought about it too, i'm not sure if we should do everything we can to save this country, more likely we should care for our own survival.

~You got a point. But i decided to believe in Mustang, he kept us alive now and he'll do it again. At least i hope so. I'm confused from everything.

~Don't worry about it, we'll manage to ensure our safety. For now i'm gonna enjoy sound of war and do what i do best.

~You sound optimistic.

I laughed and then i went silent with my thoughts roaming around in my head. After 20 minutes Envy interrupted the flow of my thoughts and told me.

~(Y/N), we'll be at our meeting point in 5 minutes, you should get ready.

I regained back my compsture and mentally got ready for what's gonna happen next. 5 minutes passed and we were at place. It was quiet and i've got weird feeling so i tapped Envy on his shoulders.

~Envy i've got a feeling-

~Something is not right. It's like someone is watching us.

~Yeah, we should prepare to fight even now.

Suddenly we heard footsteps coming closer so i immediatelly moved and put gun to someones head.

~State you buisness or-

The person i talked to put his hands up and told.

~W-wait, i-it's me. I'm supposed to meet with y-you.

Only then i noticed that he had the same military uniform as we had. I put away my gun and i was about to lower my guard when Envy grabbed me by uniform and threw me to ground with him. Suddenly lot of gunshots were heard while we hid behind vehlicle we came here on. As soon as gunshots stopped Envy looked out from behind car but he almost didn't dodge bullet going his way. It only grazed his cheek.

~Tch. That soldier is dead.

~Maybe it was trap.

I told him but he immediatelly waved his hand.

~No, otherwise they wouldn't kill him. This is bad, we need to get away, we won't be able to work in secret.

~Don't heal your would. Not yet.

I told to Envy who already healed his small injury.

~Why? In any case don't let them know about us.

~Och, okey.

He made small fake wound on his face and i wanted to look from behind vehlicle but i was stopped by click of gun near my head. I slowly turned around to see Drachman soldiers pointing guns at me and Envy. I looked at Envy and waited for Envy to notice me. As soon as our looks met i slighly shook my head to tell him not to fight. I kind of had plan.

~Well, well, what do we have here? Some Amestris soldiers spying on us? Hahaha, lucky for us that we heard one of our escapee's call and right after we decided to follow him-

One of soldiers hit the other to stop him.

~Don't go telling them everything, Aron.

~What's the problem, either way they won't survive more than week. Now put your hands up, you shits and stand up.

With nerves on edge we stood up with our hands above our heads. Both of them got ahold of our hands and put them behind our back while tying them up.

~Now move, get in the car.

They put us in the back of our car while two different soldiers sat next to us to guard us. Noone said a word untill we arrived close to familiar East headquarters. During our way through city i felt bad. Some people were slaughtered others were begging for food. I gave them kind of apologetic look and continued our way into Headquarters building. We were led down deeper in underground where they went through our clothes and took every single weapon we had.

~Enjoy your time here, you won't be getting away alive. Also don't expect food. Such strong man like us need all of it.

~Shut up Aron, i told you not to tell them everything. Where's the fun if they know it.

After their talk they opened small lonely dirty cell and chained our hands above our heads in wooden cuffs to prevent use of alchemy and to restrain movement as much as possible.

~Wait for me, newcomers. I'll be back to question you in 10 minutes.

Aron said and then locked the cell and took his leave.

What is your plan (Y/N). I hope that it's not gonna cost us our lives.

~No, of course not. We are inside of the headquarters. With your shape shifting abilities these restrains are not problem. Right?

~No, of course not. Actually-

Envy shaped shift and moved his hands out of cuffs and then shifted them back to original.

~I'm already out of it.

Envy exclaimed happily but suddenly we heard footsteps.

~Shit!

Envy cursed and quickly shape shifted into small mouse and hid in the corner. When Aron came in front of the cell he looked inside and as son as he spotted empty spot where Envy's supposed to be, he bursted inside and started to yell.

~Where did the other one go? What the hell is going on!