Chapter 50.

Just like that we went and visited 25 more families that we confirmed clear. Just basic human families with scared wifes waiting for theirs husbands. Envy and I walked to 27th place on our list. We came to what seemed to be abandoned area.

~Envy, i don't have a good feeling from this place. Do you know something about this part of Cenral?

~Well it's not that i don't know it here, but nothing that would help us. I have hunch that this is correct place to find someone suspictious. There isn't any normal family that would want to live here. Long time ago there died hunderets of people because of some crazy human that decided that they are obstacles for him. He was scared of people around him so he went on killing rampage and it all happened here. Ever since then, this place was abandoned-only very few people live here and those people are like outcast, loners. I wouldn't be surprised if our spy from either of our lists lived here.

~So this is the place where it all happened. I read some old article about this incident. I guess we should get to that adress to find that soldier. If it is correct adress. But if it wouldn't be correct we would stop that guy in work.

Envy nodded and we went forward tall building that was about 8 floors tall. There was one more building on each side of our targeted middle building. When we stepped inside i looked around and smelled something bad, rotten maybe. There were also broken bottles and syringes all around.

~This place is dangerous, stay close (Y/N), understand?

~It's not that i can't protect myself, and even if, my body will protect me on it's ow-

~Dodge!!

I quickly jumped and bent qqbehind to avoid something that was thrown at me. Soon i moved closer to Envy and he told.

~Even if your body will protect you- you don't have infinite energy in philosopher's stone to keep you from harm forever. Why do you think i'm dodging attacks even though my body will heal in matter of seconds.

~Yeah, yeah, sorry, i'll be more carefull next time. Now we should hurry to the 7th floor to speak to that guy.

~Maybe, but i think we should just kill that bitch that was just attacking you, don't you think?

~okey then, it came from upstairs, right?

I asked and Envy nodded. We went up only to be attacked few more times. Someone was shooting ground spikes at us and we immediatelly knew that it was alchemy. We continued to run and tried to corner that person. When we were at highest floor we saw boy about 11 years old that was looking at us with hate burning in his eyes. I decided to take role of the good one while Envy just glared at him.

~Hey, hey, don't be scared, we won't hurt you. I just wanna ask you something. Why were you shooting at us? You could injure so-

~Shut up!!

The boy yelled and i flinched from his sudden outburst.

~Go away, and let me be!

I wanted to say something to calm him down but Envy grabbed him by collar of his shirt and moved him up while pushing him into wall.

~She was asking something, don't you dare oppose her, you insect.

Envy said coldly to which i didn't react and i continued to speak with boy now with not so kind voice i had before.

~Listen here, you little punk, we didn't came here to hurt you but we will if you are not gonna cooperate, i'll ask you one more time. Why did you attack us? Where did you learn alchemy?

While i asked he was trying to push Envy's hand away but it was useless. But after a moment Envy decided to just drop him and i crouched to his level.

~Now i want your answear, little boy or else-

~I-I'll talk! I was just protecting myself! I don't have home so i'm living here all alone and usually there are going people that wants to hurt me and they wear the same uniforms as you so i'm always trying to get rid of them or scare them before they can find me!

~Is that so? Are you not lying? What about that alchemy?

~I-i swear, and that alchemy is something i learned when i was younger from my father. But he died and ever since i live alone. I don't know my mother. Those ground spikes are the only thing i can do and even that isn't exactly great.

I looked away from boy and looked at Envy.

~Do you think he's lying?

~I don't think so. Hey, kid!

Envy looked at boy and boy with scared face asked.

~W-what?

~We are looking for certain guy that supposedly lives here on 7th floor. He should have 2 kids, one around your age and wife. Do you know this person?

~I don't know, there isn't living anybody like that.

~And if i ask you name will you tell me if that person lives here?

~Yes, but description would be better, i don't know everybody's names but i know what they look like.

Envy sighed and told.

~It'll be easier if you just show him photo.

I said and Envy for a second looked at me and then without word he moved photo out of file.

~This guy, his name's Br-

~Brook Brian or BB, he lives here on 7th floor. He lives here alone for all i know and he lives here for about month. I know his name just because he sometimes talks with people that wants to hurt me and i heard them say this name. But they also called him different name too. Lucas Francis. That's all i know about him, now can i go?

Envy looked at me and i shook my head.

~No, you can't you will go with us because this isn't place for young boy like you, it's dangerous here.

~N-no i wanna go-

Envy growled and told.

~You heard her, you are going with us and don't try to piss me off.

With that, boy stayed silent but as soon as we started to go down stairs we noticed man in his mid 40 looking at us with scared expression. As soon as he realized we know his identity he started to run to which both Envy and I started to run after him with boy slunged over Envy's shoulder.