Chapter 24.

Mustang was about to leave when i decided to ask him.

~Wait a minute- Do you still insist on our deal that you want to guard him after court?

~Well i don't want to guard him at all. If he will come back here you can guard him if you want it that much. But i can't guarantee that he will come back.

~Huh? What do you mean?

~He must be really lucky to get lifelong sentence. I'm almost sure that he will get death penalty.

My eyes widened but i quickly hid it and asked Mustang.

~Uhm okey. Please let me know how it ended. For now i'm gonna pack my things and i'm going home if that's all right.

~Sure, rest well. I will inform you as soon as i'll know judgement.

~Thank you.

~Well i'm gonna get going. See ya

Mustang went away and i went into my office. As soon as i closed doors i fell down and i started to cry.

~This can't be truth. We just talked about being glad that he is alive and now this? Death penalty? I knew that this would eventually happen but i didn't expect it so soon. I thought that i will think of something how to get him out of here but now all i have is to pray that he will get lifelong sentence. I can't take this shit anymore!

After 30 minutes of crying i took all my things and went home. There was deafening silence so i turned on some music. Shortly after i fell asleep while crying. When i woke up it was 5 hours later and i woke up to ringing phone. I quickly came to answear it.

~Hello?

~Hello (Y/N). It's me, Roy.

~Oh, what do you need?

~I know what will happen to homuncullus.

My eyes widened and i asked him

~What's gonna happen to him?

~He is currently on his way to cell.

~Yeah?

~Yeah. Cell of death.

~C-cell of death?

~Yeah. He got death sentence. He will be executed on Monday. 3 days from now.

~Uhm okey thank you. And one more question. Can i visit him?

~Visit him?! Why would you want that?!

~I want to see look in his eyes now that he knows it's gonna be over for him for sure.

~Uhm okey you can. And since you are guard with high rank it wouldn't be problem. I'll let other guards know that you will come one day to see him.

~Okey, thank you. Bye.

~Bye.

When i hung up phone i colapsed. My heart started to beat like crazy. This was too much for me. My only friend is going to be executed. Is he just my friend though? When i'm with him i feel like we are more than friends. Is it going to vanish? Right before my eyes? I hadn't time to answear my own questions due to me colapsing.

Envy's POV

I was dragged away by two soldiers. They were staring at me with disgusted faces. I felt wrath boil inside me but i couldn't do anything. Right behind my back was Mustang who was ready to kill me anytime needed. During that long humiliating way they took me inside building and chained me before wooden desk. I was in middle of room and there were lot of soldiers around me that were staring at me and looking down on me. After 15 minutes court started. I refused to talk i was just standing there while my rage was boiling inside me. They were talking about me, whispering about me and looking down on me. I heard almost every single word. I hated every moment of being there. I wanted to kill them all so badly! And then, the final judgment came.

~I'm sentencing this disgusting creature to death. Execution will be held on Monday. Now you can took it away.

I couldn't hold myself back anymore.

~Stop looking down on me you stupid, disgusting worms!!

Judge just laughed and Msutang came to me from behind and threatened me.

~Say one more word and i'm burning you alive right here and right now.

I stayed silent because fear overcame my senses. They dragged me into next building which was prison only for people with death penalty.

~It looks like i'm first one to have execution in such short amount of time. Three days? I guess...

I though while i was dragged down to the lowest floor. Lowest floor was 2 floors underground. I was there completely alone. There was one cell in the end. It was small and dark cell. They pushed me inside and chained my hands above me. Right one on right side and left on left side. In the end i didn't have energy to resist anymore. I knew that i'm going to die either way.

~I wonder if (Y/N) is alright. Guess that her taking me out of cell for Mustang was our farwell. At least i enjoyed those few days i was with her.

I thought and lost contiousness for some time.

Your POV.

*Knock knock knock*

I woke up to knocking on my doors. I stood up from ground and went to open doors. When i opened them i saw there stand Ed and Al.

~Ed? Al? What are you doing here?

~Well we decided that we want to travell around world so we decided to stop by and tell you goodbye.

~Is that so? Come in let's have some tea.

~Huuuh?! What's wrong with you?! You never invited us in for tea before?!

~You are going away for some time, right? I can do something like this at least once in my life.

~Uhm yeah. Okey.

They came inside and i made tea. We talked a little about their plans and then they asked me.

~What are you planning to do from now on?

~Huh?

~We heard that Envy's gonna be executed so you don't have to guard him anymore.

~Uhm yeah. Well i'm probably gonna continue my work in investigation center or something like that. I don't know myself. I like it there but still i dunno.

I tried my best to hold back tears while talking to them.

~Yeah i heard you are pretty good.

~Well thanks.

~Well thank you for tge tea, we should get going. Be well (Y/N).

~Thank you. You too.

I waved them goodbye and came back inside. Second they left i started to cry again. Everything precious to me was about to be taken away from me, about to disappear forever but i didn't want it to happen. I couldn't let that happen.

~I guess i know what i'm going to do now.