Chapter 36.

Mustang stared at me and then he raised his hand and pointed fingers at fighting Envy not too far away from us.

~Still i can't let you get away.

He told and my heart stopped beating for a moment. Before he managed to snap his fingers i smashed my hands down and transmutated giant rectangle construction around both groups that was divided in half to divide me and Mustang, from Envy, Ed and Al. Mustang's fire hit glass and was stopped. I sighed heavily and Envy's attention was on me-defeated laying on ground trying to protect him. When he saw that Mustang defeated me he immediately knew what to do. His hand changed into blade, quickly slid under Al's chin. Until now he was just playing with Ed and little bit fighting with Al but situation became serious. Envy stepped closer to glass wall, spared me glance that told ,,i'm gonna solve this somehow, leave it to me,, and looked directly into Mustang's eyes.

~Hey, flame alchemist. I have a deal for you, like you like to call it- equivalent exchange. Let (Y/N) go alive and i won't kill these two.

Mustang looked at him with deadly glare, then looked at ground seemingly thinking about his answear. Soon after he looked up with seriousness in his eyes and told his final answear.

~I refuse.

Ed, Al and I were shocked with our mouths agape while Envy looked surprised and stared at him speachless. Soon he snapped out of it and told.

~You know that i'm not joking, right?

Envy asked with ,,are you serious,, tone and Mustang answeared.

~Yeah i know. But catching you two is now top priority. From point of view of fuhrer of this country are lives of two basic soldiers just nothing against her life. Even if i have only one of you in possession i must grab the chance.

Ed's eyes were as wide as they could be and he screamed at whole place that it's not fair from Mustang's side. Mustang cleared his throat and continued.

~But from point of view as myself- these two are really precious friends of mine and i don't want them to die. Even if that's so, i can't let any of you go. But i have deal for you. If you want her to be alive and if you want to be with her, i want you to quietly let yourself get under arrest and without resisting move to cell where both of you will be held. I'll take care of your death sentences and both of you can live together. This way both of our sides will get at least partialy what they wanted and we won't loose lifes of those precious to us.

Mustang stopped and Envy looked at me. I wanted to shout at him that i'm against it. It was written all over my face that he should escape while he can but even though he knew what i wanted he wouldn't have done it anyway. Soon Envy's voice echoed through room.

~How can i believe you?

~You can't. I have nothing to prove my word. Just take it or loose it. Your choice.

At that moment i lost all hope that Envy would escape. And i had truth because answear came really soon.

~I agree.

~It's a deal then.

Mustang told and Envy changed his blade back to arm and pulled it away from Al's neck. Mustang let me stand up and told me.

~Deconstruct this thing.

I looked at him and i wasn't willing to do it until Envy told me to do it with his soft voice. I then put my hand on glass and deconstructed it. I stood before Mustang while his fingers were in mid snapping position and Envy was on the opposit of me while Ed and Al were behind him.

~Ed, Al you know what to do.

Both of them nodded went closer to Envy and told.

~You're under arrest.

They cuffed his hands behind his back and then tied rope around his torso. Then Envy and I changed positions. Mustang nodded to them and Ed was about to cuff me but i refused him to do it and went to Al. He put cuff on my right wrist be before he put it on my left wrist as well he stopped himself and both boys looked at Mustang.

~Uhm, would you mind giving us a minute? We will catch up soon.

With sigh Mustang nodded and went with Envy away. I was scared and i didn't want to leave him alone but Ed and Al stopped me in place and both simultaneously told me.

~(Y/N), we are sorry. We are really really sorry.

Then Ed spoke by himself.

~I know that we weren't best family for you, and you've got truth. We had lot of people on our side to help us while you had noone. I'm sorry that i didn't notice sooner. It is my fault and i really want to apologize to you.

Then Al started to talk.

~If it wasn't for our selfishness we would notice that you are lonely and that you need us. If we were with you, nothing of this would happen and Huges would be still alive.

I stayed quiet because I didn't expect apology. For a moment i stayed like frozen and they asked me one last thing.

~Can you please forgive us?

When i heard it i coudln't stop myself but smile and then i finally answeared them.

~Yeah, i can.

I answeared shortly and decided to hug them. They finally realised their fault and they really were sorry. Soon they hugged me back and when we parted i told them with mock.

~Now boys, do you job and take me away. Envy's waiting for me.

Ed put other part of cuffs on my left wrist, tied rope around my torso and i asked Ed and Al last one thing.

~One more thing before we go. Can i take some books with me?

Ed and Al looked at each other, shooked their shoulders and i told them where to find books i want to take and soon we went forward until we went out of tunnel where was car with Mustang and Envy inside waiting for us. Al opened the door and i sit down inside as well as Al did and Ed went to front seat next to Mustang. I was happy that Envy was okey, that Mustang didn't kill him and finally nervousness fell down from me and with rough engine sound we moved forward our life in prison. Again.